• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does everybdody want to beat up Anorak, who is this man lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ren28 View Post
      Why does everybdody want to beat up Anorak, who is this man lol
      A longtime member who deserves a few punches to the head and body.

We'll give you the honor of getting in a few shots on him.

Comment

after watching joseph parker vs Anthony Joshua and rewatching old heavyweight fights. Is heavy better when you are over 205+? Is weighing 250 better than weighing 215? and vice versa. When it came to the OG heavyweights it was ideal to get to 10% bodyfat and to drop unnecessary pounds. Is it really worth having extra weight 12-14% body fat in a 12 round fight? or is it one of those things you always aim for your prime weight? Joshua weighed in at 250+ against Takam but weighed against Parker at 242.

Larry Holmes could weigh at 230-235 but he even tried to get to 215-220 in his world title fights and at his prime. Everytime I see it, it's all about length/height more so than actual weight, and I'm talking weight when it's no longer a huge factor once you are in the 215+ naturally. and by naturally i mean if you follow a clean diet and workout you won't drop below the division, a real heavyweight.

So is it worth gaining extra pounds so you don't get "tossed and moved around?" or is it worth just following a meal plan so you can fight at your bodies upmost potential regardless of the opponent? regardless of weight advantage you might get.
        Very generally--

Strength is an asset and lean body mass (LBM) is a good proxy for strength; boxers should attempt to maximize lean body mass (LBM) within the context of circumstances. For boxers needing to make weight this means "while being able to weigh in below the contracted weight and fully recover by fight time"; for heavyweight boxers this means "while keeping bodyfat below the level at which the advantage in shock absorption (for body shots) is offset by the reduction in speed, endurance, ability to dissipate heat, etc." I suspect this is about 10-12% bodyfat on average.
        Last edited by GelfSara; 07-18-2018, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
          Very generally--

Strength is an asset and lean body mass (LBM) is a good proxy for strength; boxers should attempt to maximize lean body mass (LBM) within the context of circumstances. For boxers needing to make weight this means "while being able to weigh in below the contracted weight and fully recover by fight time"; for heavyweight boxers this means "while keeping bodyfat below the level at which the advantage in shock absorption (for body shots) is offset by the reduction in speed, endurance, ability to dissipate heat, etc. I suspect this is about 10-12% bodyfat on average.
          I wish I could get down to 10-12% body fat at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            I wish I could get down to 10-12% body fat at this point.
            Is there a specific obstacle or obstacles you are aware of?

Comment

after watching joseph parker vs Anthony Joshua and rewatching old heavyweight fights. Is heavy better when you are over 205+? Is weighing 250 better than weighing 215? and vice versa. When it came to the OG heavyweights it was ideal to get to 10% bodyfat and to drop unnecessary pounds. Is it really worth having extra weight 12-14% body fat in a 12 round fight? or is it one of those things you always aim for your prime weight? Joshua weighed in at 250+ against Takam but weighed against Parker at 242.

Larry Holmes could weigh at 230-235 but he even tried to get to 215-220 in his world title fights and at his prime. Everytime I see it, it's all about length/height more so than actual weight, and I'm talking weight when it's no longer a huge factor once you are in the 215+ naturally. and by naturally i mean if you follow a clean diet and workout you won't drop below the division, a real heavyweight.

So is it worth gaining extra pounds so you don't get "tossed and moved around?" or is it worth just following a meal plan so you can fight at your bodies upmost potential regardless of the opponent? regardless of weight advantage you might get.
              Weight advantage is more for the non heavyweights by cheating the scales

Comment

Originally posted by GelfSara View Post
                Is there a specific obstacle or obstacles you are aware of?
                Not enough time in the day to train like I used. The bulk of my body is in great shape. I just have some belly fat, but not too much.

Comment

Working...
                X