No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Winky Wright Backs Wilder To Beat Joshua, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    What would be that plan? Fight inside and potentially yield to Wilder's stamina advantage? Box from the outside and risk getting caught by a right hand?

I see Wilder winning 8 out of 10 because his is a tough SOB and can throw bombs for 12 rounds.
    I'm strictly a fan rather than a boxing strategist and there are dozens of posters here with ring experience or without who could answer that question so much more effectively that it seems foolish to attempt it!

My guess is that it would involve a strict control of distance via the jab and an approach to the inside which would limit Wilder's chance of landing the straight right, but as above I'm a lot more confident about the business of boxing than the sweet science itself. It's probably a question worthy of its own thread as I would love to see what some of the posters here would come up with.

I would say however that your saying wilder will throw bombs for 12 rounds? First off he seems awfully exposed to the counter when he throws and that's something AJ is good at. Secondly, who has he ever fought that's in AJs class? It strikes me your making an assessment based on Wilder's record against second rare opponents. He's faced Ortiz recently and was outboxing for most of that fight in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by OgTripleOg View Post
      winky wright just lost a lot of fans lol
      many posters here will not know what to do. Last week when Wink picked GGG over Canelo, many of them had to dismiss Wink's opinion and belittle him. But now that he picks their guy over Joshua, suddenly he's a brilliant analyst.

way too predictable.........lol

Comment

Accurate assessment in my book 🥊

Comment

Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
          Hell yea.. Wilder is ackward an throws punches from odd angles.. hes way more elusive than AJ.. AJ is a big target waiting to walk into something! But that fool don't want no smoke! So we may not see it until 2028!!! Lol
          He's an attacking force no doubt. But defensively he is crap, if we are honest. He gets touched up almost every fight he has had above a certain level.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            He's an attacking force no doubt. But defensively he is crap, if we are honest. He gets touched up almost every fight he has had above a certain level.
            He gets touched (like all HWs) but I think you all need to understand what Winky is saying. Wilder has some interesting athletic traits that make him more elusive than the average HW. Just go back and watch 90% of Ortiz's combos against Wilder.

He is very flexible for a HW of that size. And most importantly he sees almost all the shots coming at him. (Explaining the counter right hand off the triple jab that ended the fight)

Just wanted to add, Wilder has a pretty great +/- connect % for his division. If I recall correctly, a post from this site not very long ago had him first or second in the HW division.

They have very contrasting styles that will make for a good fight when it happens.

*edit: found the link

https://www.boxingscene.com/top-heav...mpubox--122447
            Last edited by Butch.McRae; 07-09-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              No issues backing Wilder if thats how you see it, but Wilder elusive?
              Neither guy is exactly Pernell Whitaker, but Wilder has more head movement and is a bit lighter on his feet. Joshua's more upright and less maneuverable. I kind of doubt that the difference is so great that it makes a substantial impact on the way the fight plays out though, both guys can be hit.

Comment

This has to be the 4th article on what Winky Wright thinks about this that or the other.

Who gives a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
                  This has to be the 4th article on what Winky Wright thinks about this that or the other.

Who gives a shit.
                  you must, or you wouldnt have clicked on it.

Comment

Have you noticed that all the pros pick Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxinghero1 View Post
                      Does anyone know why so many articles on Winky Wright?
                      Im sure this is probably from a single interview that they are rolling out piece-meal to get more mileage out of it. Either way, I like hearing Winky’s perspective on the topics of the day.

Comment

Working...
                      X