Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official: "Hi-Tech" Lomachenko vs. "Axe-Man" Walters Thread

WBO Super-Featherweight Championship

Vasyl "Hi-Tech" Lomachenko
    (6-1-0) vs Nicholas "Axe-Man" Walters (26-0-1)
    Super Featherweight / 130 lbs / 9 Stone 4
    11.27.16 HBO

Lomachenko by KO/TKO
    15.54%
    Lomachenko by UD/SD/MD
    62.16%
    Walters by KO/TKO
    10.81%
    Walters by UD/SD/MD
    9.46%
    Draw
    2.03%

The poll is expired.

Lomachenko by wide, clear decision.

Comment

Loma aka Inspector Gadgets gets it done by TKO to the body or left hook to the temple!

Axe Man is suspect to the left when he trades!

Comment

My problem with this fight is that Lomachenko gets better at every fight while Walters is getting less dominant fight after fight.
        So hoping that Walters trains for Lomachenko and not to lose weight and that both are at their best in the ring, this a close fight, Walters is getting criminally underrated here, he has huge power, a good jab, good speed, is good counter-punching and knows how to roll with punches to avoid them or to take the power of them, Tyson and Duran style, his uppercut is pretty good, still i feel Loma has more chances, if he can take the punch of Nicholas, he wins by ud, would be fun to see if Walters can smother the work of Loma with his pressure.
        LOMACHENKO BY DECISION.

Comment

Lomachenko TKO 9

Comment

Very intriguing match-up and the toughest fight for Loma outside of Rigo. In retrospect, it kind of helped that Walters hasn't done anything worthy of note since knocking out Donaire. Sure, he defeated Marriaga, but it was a lackluster fight and Walters failed to live up to his own expectations of delivering a knockout. The Sosa fight was anticlimactic and now Walters was suddenly at risk of being a flash in the pan. Respect to Walters for accepting the fight but I'm sure Bob Arum didn't give him much of a choice in the matter.

I'm still on the fence at the moment. I'll have to wait and see how each guy looks on fight week before casting my vote.

Comment

I think that Walter's could potentially make this interesting. He is by far the largest guy Loma has taken on and we seen Loma have his problems dealing with Salido's physicality. But ultimately I see Loma taking this one.

Comment

Loma by MD

Comment

I dont see why nobody is thinking Walters is gonna be a easy fight for Loma. Im gonna go with Loma by decision. I Dont think Walters is gonna out box Loma. But look for a possible KO from Walters. Walters does have all of what it takes to change the fight.
                  Tough fight.

Comment

Like the fight think it's one of the best of the year

My only thing is that Walters will be off for quite a bit and that video Insaw on Ego he looks like ballooned up. So I'm favouring Loma ( part of the reason I think TR made this fight ) to get the decision but Walters if he comes in shape could make things interesting and could pull off the upset.

Comment

Working...
                    X