Michael Katsidis set to announce his retirement from Boxing on Thurday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Katsidis set to announce his retirement from Boxing on Thurday

Matt Clark ‏@MattClarkBoxing
    Mick Katsidis calling it a day. Announcement to be made on Thursday. #AussieLegend

Brock Ellis ‏@brockellis01
    Michael Katsidis is officially out of all future fights. In depth interview coming next Thursday explaining situation in detail. #ozboxing

why he can surely capture a title at 135.

Comment

A warrior to the fullest. He missed his own brothers funeral so he could continue on with training for his fight with marquez. RESPECT.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        A warrior to the fullest. He missed his own brothers funeral so he could continue on with training for his fight with marquez. RESPECT.
        This here and I still cant shake how disrespectful Larry Merchant was to him asking him does he think his brother will be proud of him in defeat. Should have been fired right then and their on live TV.

Comment

Will miss Katsidis but it's the right decision for his healths sake. His style of fighting is incredibly entertaining but doesnt lend itself to career longevity. Hope he is financially set and enjoys his retirement in comfort

Comment

Damn, that kinda sucks but it's 100% understandable. His last good run when he beat Mitchell and Escobedo was ended when he faced Marquez. He he wasn't the same afterwards. He gives entertaining fights but takes a lot of punishment so I'm glad he's retiring for his own sake.

I wish he would've gotten a world title though.

Comment

Very fun fighter to watch, and I wish him all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                why he can surely capture a title at 135.
                Nah I don't think he can anymore. The Katsidis that beat Mitchell and faced Marquez probably could've gotten a title at some other point in time. He was just unlucky that the champ at the time was Marquez who thrives against fighters with Katsidis's style.

Comment

He was exciting

Comment

Good for him he was exciting to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X