No announcement yet.

Economy Reached Over a 3% Growth For 2017, The First Time Since 2005

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
    what's impressive is obama pulling the country our of recession after republicans policies like deregulation of banking system put the country in a ****hole..

also you are a hypocrite i can show you stats that obama did a better job as president but you will dismiss as false but if it's favor of trump, you'd consider it as "fact" to fit your agenda..
    No, wait. He will prove to you as to how Obama left the economy in a worse state than when he inherited it. Trust him, he's Sinbad.

Comment

Kind of an amazing achievement considering absolutely nothing was passed by the current administration

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
        I'd suggest they use it because it generally goes up, and is easy to market to the public as 'progress'.
        That's true.

However, it's telling when it's low for years under certain policies for 8 years, then under new policies it's suddenly up 50% in just one year.

If GPI was used as the main gauge to market to the public then the results wouldn't look favourable for either of the parties.
        Likely, because as one said earlier, it's used to make European economies (which have been growing minimally for years as we did under Obama) look good.

It's relevance divides opinion among economists because it doesn't give a full picture of how the economy is performing as whole and whether that growth is filtering down to the general public. I mean, what good is an increase in GDP is if the average standard of living is stagnant or decreasing?
        "Standard of living" is subjective.

Some people like a nanny government making their decisions for them and running their lives while they pay 70% of their incomes in taxes. If they get that, then SOL is high.

But for guys like me who like keeping my money and making my own choices, that's a low SOL.

To me, GDP and wage growth are two of the biggest.

GDP grew around 2% and wages (outside of the 1%) fell under Obama.

Under Trump, GDP is already up to 3%, and wages are rising.

To me, that speaks volumes.

Comment

what's impressive is obama pulling the country our of recession after republicans policies like deregulation of banking system put the country in a ****hole..
          First off, 2% isn't a recovery.

Second, it wasn't Republicans who deregulated.

Bill Clinton signed the deregulations into law.

He did it via 2 specific bills; the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 and the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000.

The first one I cited repealed Glass-Steagal.

Just because your guy Gruber called you stupid doesn't mean have to stay stupid.

Stop being a superfan and do some research.

also you are a hypocrite i can show you stats that obama did a better job as president but you will dismiss as false but if it's favor of trump, you'd consider it as "fact" to fit your agenda..
          Show them then and let's see how it plays out.

Don't speak out your rear end and speculate. Produce your data and let's discuss it.

Conjecture gets you nowhere, nor does superfan cheerleading. Please bring more than that to the table here. You're boring me.
          Last edited by 1bad65; 12-16-2017, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Pretty phenomenal to become the 1st president in American history to never achieve a single year of 3% growth and to add over 9,000,000,000,000.00 to the National debt all while still retaining millions of water-headed apologists.

Comment

Since Europe was brought up, lets see how their economies are growing:

The euro area economy is on track to grow at its fastest pace in a decade this year, with real GDP growth forecast at 2.2%. This is substantially higher than expected in spring (1.7%).
              The EU economy as a whole is also set to beat expectations with robust growth of 2.3% this year (up from 1.9% in spring).

According to its Autumn Forecast released today, the European Commission expects growth to continue in both the euro area and in the EU at 2.1% in 2018 and at 1.9% in 2019 (Spring Forecast: 2018: 1.8% in the euro area, 1.9% in the EU).

Growth has surpassed expectations but is forecast to ease somewhat

The European economy has performed significantly better than expected this year, propelled by resilient private consumption, stronger growth around the world, and falling unemployment.

Investment is also picking up amid favourable financing conditions and considerably brightened economic sentiment as uncertainty has faded. The economies of all Member States are expanding and their labour markets improving, but wages are rising only slowly.

Source (full story):
              https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-e...ic-forecast_en

So they are growing at 2% and this is better than they expected!!!

And they expect that number to fall.

LMFAO!!

No wonder you liberals don't like using GDP as a measure.

Comment

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
                Pretty phenomenal to become the 1st president in American history to never achieve a single year of 3% growth and to add over 9,000,000,000,000.00 to the National debt all while still retaining millions of water-headed apologists.
                I've said it once, and I'll say it again:

Gruber didn't call them stupid for nothing.

Comment

#ImWithHer

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    I can't wait for them to impeach Trump and swear her in as president

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                      I can't wait for them to impeach Trump and swear her in as president
                      It's so funny to me. Trump was getting all the coverage through the election, everyone was laughing.

Then he gets nominated...they were shocked but still didn't think he would win.

Then he wins and everyone goes ape ****

Comment

Working...
                      X