• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds sweet to my tummy!!! Do it please

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
        The only question is how will Gvozdyk handle being hit by a good boxer with a lot of power like Kovalev? He has all the makings of a great champ but the chin is something we need to see tested more
        I agree with that. He also has a bad habit of standing up too straight inside. I can see him losing against a big puncher who punches around his guard while on the inside. Other than that, I don't think he loses to anyone. Even if Ward came back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
          I agree with that. He also has a bad habit of standing up too straight inside. I can see him losing against a big puncher who punches around his guard while on the inside. Other than that, I don't think he loses to anyone. Even if Ward came back.
          I was wondering about him on the inside too, Beterbiev may have beat him in the amateurs as well, I can't remember (I know Beter beat Kov twice). So long as he can keep his range and use his footwork to move in and out he has no problems with a lot of guys, we saw him box smart vs Chilemba, who Kovalev struggled with a bit (good test / tune-up for the Ward fight)

A gatekeeper like Chilemba who is defensively minded is a tough nut to crack for a straight brawler, so you need some good boxing skills, which Gvozdyk showed.

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          Awesome if true, I wanted to see Kovalev vs Barrera. LHW division is pretty damn stacked at the moment, it is the division to watch as well as the Cruiserweight tournament

Comment

Logical paths and modern boxing do not always go hand in hand these days...

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
              My only hope is that Alvarez will not duck Gvozdyk...
              Well it's the next logical step for him, as both he and Gvozdyk need another solid win to be in title contention - where else does he go? Beterbiev? Bivol?

Kov-Barrera and Adonis-Jack leaves no-one left for him, unless he wants Joe Smith jr? Smith does nothing for him, as he can't hang with the top dogs in the division and is coming off a loss so he'd be back at square one waiting for a top contender to fight to argue that he is in line for a belt when so many others are knocking at the door.

Comment

Hope Badou Jack will beat Stevenson, cause Adonis avoided fighting any decent boxer last 5 years & should have been stripped.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
                  Hope Badou Jack will beat Stevenson, cause Adonis avoided fighting any decent boxer last 5 years & should have been stripped.
                  He knocked Tony Bellew out a few years ago. Then Bellew won the WBC title at 200 pounds and won a major fight at heavyweight. Are you saying Bellew isn't a decent boxer?

Also, why would you say that Stevenson has avoided decent boxers when he agreed to unify with Kovalev, only for Kovalev to then vacate his title to avoid fighting Stevenson?

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                    My only hope is that Alvarez will not duck Gvozdyk...
                    Legit Rumours in Montreal say he will get 450,000$ for Gvozdyk, more than he would have got for a shot at Stevenson... Say what you want, the guy is a step aside whore... I hope Gvozdyk flattens him... As for Jack, well let's see....

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                      A lot of guys beat Stevenson on paper, then a straight left lands. I wanna say jack beats Stevenson but I have a feeling when (not if) that straight left hand lands jack goes down. Would definitely root for him, but that Stevenson left is deadly.
                      I agree 100%, I would like to think Jack could win but that left hand man, it might be the hardest non heavyweight punch

Comment

Working...
                      X