Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Eyes Voluntary: Why Should We Wait on Povetkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    Yes because Wilder is the only fighter with a high KO% fighting guys with little threat.
    I see what you are trying to do there, but there's a BIG difference.

One guy (GGG) chooses a scrub as a last resort, while the other (Wilder) chooses a scrub as his first choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post

The problem is that Wilder could have fought Povetkin in September, but Wilder chose to fight another voluntary opponent instead of fighting Povetkin. Now, he wants to fight a third voluntary opponent.

Wilder's team is trying everything they can to avoid a fight with Povetkin. I hope the WBC doesn't allow them to get away with this crap again. They should force him to fight Povetkin next or vacate the belt. Then, Wilder can fight whoever the hell he wants for no belt.
      Povetkin is tied up and Wilder wants another fight within the next few months just to stay busy. What's the problem with that? Let's say Povetkin takes out Wach in November (which he will), and then Wilder fights some stay busy type guy in December or January... then can they schedule the mandatory fight for March or April.

Povetkin will get a fight in, Wilder gets a fight in, and they both clash in March.

The only issue I can see here is if Wilder decides to take a voluntary fight in March or April, because then Povetkin would have to wait even longer for his mandatory shot. But he wants to fight someone soon and I don't see a problem with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        If Wilder wanted to fight Povetkin, he could have done it in September or earlier in this year! The fact that he wants to fight three voluntary opponents before fighting Povetkin should tell you all you need to know about Wilder. Actually, Wilder is a Peter Quillen! Quillen chose to forego a purse three times the size of the largest purse he has ever received to avoid fighting a tough opponent. Wilder is trying to use the "I don't want to wait" excuse to avoid fighting Povetkin when Wilder is the one who made Povetkin wait in the first place.

There are very few things that I am absolutely certain about. One of them is Wilder will vacate his belt before he fights Povetkin! If I am wrong about that, I will gladly come on this site and admit that I was wrong. I hope you will do the same.
        The idea that Wilder would vacate his WBC belt is absolutely insane. Batshoot loco.

Comment

• Originally posted by BWC View Post
          The idea that Wilder would vacate his WBC belt is absolutely insane. Batshoot loco.
          The idea that he would fight a third voluntary defense before he fought Povetkin after he already asked for two previous voluntary defenses sounds insane also, but that is what is happening.

After it happens, I am sure you will forget all about the fact that you made this comment!

Comment

• I wanna see Wilder and Shannon Briggs in NY at Barclay on NBC...that would put an end to Briggs for good at least..if Povetkin is fighting in November then why not fight again in December..then negotiate and set the fight for April/May of 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
              I see what you are trying to do there, but there's a BIG difference.

One guy (GGG) chooses a scrub as a last resort, while the other (Wilder) chooses a scrub as his first choice.
              Yeah, and GGG "scrubs" are top 10 rated guys and belt holders..

Wilder....not so much.....

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                No not the only time... they mention pretty much all other title holders, including lil' g.
                They might change from here on out but your statement is absolute bull5hit!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  This the guy who got ragdolled by klitschko and knocked down four times, one via a jab that u tokn bowt?

This the guy who only fights twice a year and still chose to fight in November when the fight could have been made in Dec or Jan that you tokn bwt?

This the guy who was klits mandatory for two years before he was pressured to fight him?

This the Povetkin you tokn bwt son?
                  He talks about Povetkin delaying the Klitschko unification "we both got mandatories". Well if you wanted that unification, you would've done everytihing in your power to get your mandatory out of the way as early as possible. This doesn't look like someone eager to unify.

lol
                  You actually implying that Povetkin would be more scared to fight Wilder than to fight Klitschko?
                  Okay, this man ain't playing games. BWC, you better watch out, the Deontay Wilder's scrotum masked crusader Sledgeweather is coming for your title.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                    Here are the WBC ranking (up to 15):

1 .- Alexander Povetkin (Russia) SILVER
                    2 .- Anthony Joshua (GB) INTL
                    3 .- Vyacheslav Glazkov (Ukraine)
                    4 .- Bermane Stiverne (Haiti/Canada)
                    5 .- Bryant Jennings (US)
                    6 .- Lucas Browne (Australia)
                    7 .- Artur Szpilka (Poland)
                    8 .- Carlos Takam (Cameroon)
                    9 .- Tony Thompson (US) AMERICA
                    10 .- Erkan Teper (Germany) EBU
                    11 .- Johann Duhaupas (France)
                    12 .- Mariusz Wach (Poland)
                    13 .- Chris Arreola (US)
                    14 .- Kyotaro Fujimoto (Japan)
                    15 .- Joseph Parker (New Zealand) OPBF
                    Joshua #2? Wow. They REALLY want him to fight for their belt. Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                      Jennings didn't get knocked down four times, and didn't get knocked down by a jab when he faced Klitschko's, unlike povetkin
                      jennings was in a defensive shell for most of the fight unlike povetkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X