No announcement yet.

Freddie Roach on JCC jr. next Opponent: Looks like Andy Lee.. Nothing Definite

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksan View Post
    I hope after Chavez beats Lee, people will not do the same they did with Rubio calling him a Bum and one of the worst contenders in the division after Chavez dominated him.

They said the same thing about Rubio beating Chavez when Arum didn't want the fight for Jr, and we all saw what happened in the end.

It will be really easy for Chavez to drag Andy into a brawl, Lee just doesn't have the mobility to stop Chavez constant in your face style of fighting.

And the Body work will be more effective vs a taller fighter like Lee
    Rubio if he wanted to or knew how to, could have boxed way more.

Chavez wasn't forcing him to do to much(Besides the elbow use) during the fight. Rubio for some reason just let Chavez in without throwing. No jab and straight right.

Either way I do give Chavez credit for the Rubio win.

But I would give him a lot more credit if he can beat Lee.

Comment

I hope after Chavez beats Lee, people will not do the same they did with Rubio calling him a Bum and one of the worst contenders in the division after Chavez dominated him.

They said the same thing about Rubio beating Chavez when Arum didn't want the fight for Jr, and we all saw what happened in the end.

It will be really easy for Chavez to drag Andy into a brawl, Lee just doesn't have the mobility to stop Chavez constant in your face style of fighting.

Count on it. Andy lee, a future bum after he loses to Jr.

Comment

Margarito is a boss... freaking 3 title fights in a row if he gets Chavez Jr? Man's a title magnet!
        If he wasn't robbed in all of his losses, blatantly... he'd be a first ballot HOF #1 P4P greatest all time above Ali and God himself

Comment

That's a good fight!

Comment

I will get hated, but I was hopeing for fight with Margarito.

Comment

I hope it's Andy Lee. Lee is a legit fight, Margarito should just stay home, he's been done since 2009.

Andy Lee could out box Chavez to win, but I don't see him knocking Julio out. Julio is overrated in the sense that he got to be a huge star because of his daddy, but he's also underrated in that people call him a bum. He's not a bum. Zbik was an alright win and Rubio was a pretty good win. Yes, he's ducking Sergio, but Andy Lee is another legit fight.

I'd favor Andy Lee to beat him though.

Arum will probably sacrifice Margarito to Vanes if Julio fights Lee. Margarito is like the TR punching bag the past 2-3 years. After he got KO'd by Mosley and was seen as past his prime-not even that good at all, he's been used as a punching bad one fight after another.

He took a beat for 12 rounds against Manny. He took a beating from Cotto till the fight was stopped. And now Arum wants to make him take a beating from Julio for 12 rounds. And if not Julio, it will be Vanes Martirosyan, mark my words.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 02-08-2012, 12:01 AM.

Comment

I give Chavez small credit for Zbik, because Zbik isn't really that bad. He just doesn't have a punch at all. And I give Chavez decent credit for Rubio. Rubio was considered a legit step up and rightfully so. If Chavez can beat Lee, who is still far better than Rubio to me, I'd give him some pretty good props.

Comment

Don't view Lee as a step up from Rubio, Chavez should stop him as Lee doesn't have a defense and isn't hard to hurt.

Comment

Just FYI, Andy Lee isn't even ranked in the top 10. Anyways I think it's a better fight than Margarito.

He should vacate or fight Martinez.
                    Last edited by Juanma9; 02-08-2012, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      Don't view Lee as a step up from Rubio, Chavez should stop him as Lee doesn't have a defense and isn't hard to hurt.
                      Originally posted by Juanma9 View Post
                      Just FYI, Andy Lee isn't even ranked in the top 10. Anyways I think it's a better fight than Margarito.

He should vacate or fight Martinez.
                      I see the discredit has started early this time. I guess everyone learned their lesson after recklessly claiming easy victory for Rubio.

Get the excuses in early fellas, just in case Chavez wins again. Here, ill help, "Lee iz a buM!, if chavez beat him, his stil a buM himsowf, N hiz dadi iz 2!"

Comment

Working...
                      X