Most Intimating Heavyweight Ever???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kid dynamite Iron Mike hands down!!!

Comment

any fighter with power and a mean scowl can intimidate even the bravest fighters. Klitschkos are now the most intimidating fighters.

i think the 80s version of tyson was the most intimidating when he used just walk through guys. Liston and Foreman without a question are up there with Tyson, but i think mike edged them. Liston had a face and complexion that would send chills, and while he had a great punch and frightening reel of kos he didnt get guys out there in a fashion in which Mike did. As viscious as he was he never said how much he enjoyed pushing people's noses in their brains.

Same with Foreman, George punched harder than Mike, but he was an underdog against Frazier which suggested there was a ***** in his armor of intimidation. Traditionally scary guys are the favourites. I would bet money on the fact had it been tyson in his place, the odds would be against Joe. Unlike Foreman, Tyson also was more skilled and a better boxer than the 70s version of George having fought the better competition. George was just a big guy who was bullying the **** out of those smaller guys.

Another one was Ali. You didnt fear his punch but you knew he would embarrass you and find a way to win.

There are other good examples. But in the heavyweight division everyone is scared of each other.

Comment

Probably Tyson. I was scared behind my TV-screen when he fought

Other than that I could mention Jack Johnson. He was so arrogant and huge compared to those who fought.

As mentioned earlier also Liston and Foreman.

Today Vitali is quite intimidating. Remember how he took Peter's belt at the presser and how he punched Haye on the shoulder? Great stuff.

Comment

remember when he stole haye's hat, that was pretty funny

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Foreman was only 19 when he sparred with Liston (far as I know) yet its said he still couldn't back Sonny up. You need only look at my signature to find out how highly Liston thought of George though.

As far as the original question...Liston. The man never "acted" hard a day in his life. He just was.
            Foreman and Tyson are both good choices but I agree: Liston was "THE MAN" when it came to intimidation.

Shout out to Joe Louis too: Some dude wet his pants over facing Joe, and King Levinsky was so terrified fighting Louis he had to be half carried half pushed down to the ring by his cornermen.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
              Foreman and Tyson are both good choices but I agree: Liston was "THE MAN" when it came to intimidation.

Shout out to Joe Louis too: Some dude wet his pants over facing Joe, and King Levinsky was so terrified fighting Louis he had to be half carried half pushed down to the ring by his cornermen.

Poet
              Good choice in picking Joe Louis, it is also belived Max Bear was also very wary of Joe Louis and was having douts as whether or not to leave the locker room to do battle with him, until Jack Dempsey talked him around. And Bear didn't look like he would fear much either. Louis in his prime was a scary fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Probably Tyson. I was scared behind my TV-screen when he fought

Other than that I could mention Jack Johnson. He was so arrogant and huge compared to those who fought.

As mentioned earlier also Liston and Foreman.

Today Vitali is quite intimidating. Remember how he took Peter's belt at the presser and how he punched Haye on the shoulder? Great stuff.
                Yeah back when Jack Johnson was in his prime he was considered a beast of a man. His nickname told the whole story ''The Galveston Giant''

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
                  Good choice in picking Joe Louis, it is also belived Max Bear was also very wary of Joe Louis and was having douts as whether or not to leave the locker room to do battle with him, until Jack Dempsey talked him around. And Bear didn't look like he would fear much either. Louis in his prime was a scary fighter.
                  And that's the thing isn't it? Baer feared nothing (Some boxing writers insinuated he was too stupid to be scared of anything. He wasn't.) Yet when asked Baer said his definition of fear was standing across the ring from Joe Louis and knowing Joe wanted to go home early.

Poet

Comment

Foreman, Tyson, Liston

in that order for me.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      And that's the thing isn't it? Baer feared nothing (Some boxing writers insinuated he was too stupid to be scared of anything. He wasn't.) Yet when asked Baer said his definition of fear was standing across the ring from Joe Louis and knowing Joe wanted to go home early.

Poet
                      That's just a credit to how feared and imtimating a prime Joe Louis was. He should of been mentioned much quicker on the thread.

Here's the fight in full to refresh every one mind about what Louis done to Baer.(Louis looked outstanding here) a credit to Louis's punching power here is that Bear had a very hard head and good chin, and going into this fight had never been stopped( all defeats were points or DQ'S)

Here is also a rare interview with the pair

Comment

Working...
                      X