Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Ward reenters the mix and beats a few more up & commers? where will he stand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Ward reenters the mix and beats a few more up & commers? where will he stand?

I am a big fan of Ward. I feel like he represents a part of Oakland that goes way back, and includes athletes like the late Billy Martin, who was every bit as scrappy as any New Yawk tough guy...

Oakland is a tough scrappy town, at least where the hipsters fail to tread. So, without mentioning any fighter in particular, where would Ward stand if he comes back and beats continues his success?

Like Floyd he may have to do it in multiple weight classes, even at the dreaded "Catch weight." But there are some guys coming up that are in Ward's kill range so to speak.

Lets say he beats Usyk. Lets say Kovalev fights on and wins impressively,. Is there a point where Ward compares to Mayweather? What do you think?

I doubt I'll ever see Ward as Floyd's equal or surpassing him w/e he does. The bigger weights just aren't as competitive as WW is in my eyes. There are guys at WW who don't break the top ten or for sure don't break the top five who if we could put them in another division using P4P logic they'd be in the top 3 easy &/or #1.

Also in general this ATG bs is silly so who cares reallllllllly?!?! Its all subjective sh^t that doesn't really mean anything. Ward has accomplished an amazing amount in boxing if he never does anything again, if he comes back & wins or if he comes back & loses. Thats already got him among the best guys of this era & thats all guys can really ever be cuz all the rest is bs theory & speculation to a sci-fi degree.

Comment

Beats Usyk?? I'd be impressed as hell if he cleaned out 175. Ward isn't fighting Usyk. It's safe for Ward to talk about it because it's not happening, for so many reason$.

Comment

Ward in my eyes is a glorified American Sven Ottke, only fights with hometown advantage, corrupt officials and fights with constant fouls that he is not punished for. he will never be compared to Mayweather.
        hth.

Comment

I can't see him ever matching Mayweather's accomplishments. Even beating Usyk wouldn't be enough. There's not enough big names in around his weight division for him to match what Mayweather did.

Comment

A win over Usyk would be far better than any of Mayweather's wins. What is Floyd's best win anyway? Diego Corrales? Ricky Hatton? Old Pacquiao?

Comment

Ward is a ball punching cheat. How can anybody be a fan of his? what an embarrassment.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                Ward is a ball punching cheat. How can anybody be a fan of his? what an embarrassment.

Do you even know where a man's nuts are? If you call yourself elphag, I would think you should know

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
                  A win over Usyk would be far better than any of Mayweather's wins. What is Floyd's best win anyway? Diego Corrales? Ricky Hatton? Old Pacquiao?
                  Lol. This older Pacquiao is about to beat Broner. I believe lol

Comment

Ward would earn the global respect that his career so desperately lacks, by challenging Usyk for cruiserweight glory in Kiev.

Comment

Working...
                    X