Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Joshua-Usyk Will Be A Massive Fight One Day, Not Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    and so it begins

joshua's career is goign to turn into a sideshow, he'll get complacent, and in 2-3 years he will lose. just looking at the totalityof hearn's rhetoric it's easy to see now that he's determined that he can keep joshua as basically a football star, who UK casuals will watch no matter who he fights, becuase htye don't know enough abotu the division or what constitutes a mismatch or a duck.

quack f3cking quack . ducking a cruiserweight now? a fight with a dude at his peak, just knocked out the biggest name to add to his stature in the UK other than fury or joshua, and on the pound for pound list needs to build? capitalize on teh f#cking momentum, don't wait for it to die off eddie!

yeah f#cking right

eddie eddie eddie eddie
    Missed you bro, can't rep because i probably did it a year ago when i last logged lol.

OT: all fair points, if only Hearn really wanted to make the biggest fights like he keeps saying

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... I'm not comparing Usyk to Holyfield... but Holyfield took 7 fights at the HW before facing Foreman in 1991 ( ... when Holyfield was 29 yo, and Foreman was 42 yo)...
      yes but his 2nd & 3rd fights were against former world champions in Dokes & Pinklon Thomas, he beat undefeated Alex Stewart, then McDounagh before winning the undisputed HW crown off of Buster Douglas in his 6th fight at HW. Foreman was his first defence & cash grab just like his fight with Holmes...

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        No reason to duck is a bad reason. These kids will accept anything Hearn says.
        You'd consider not fighting Usyk now a duck? I'd consider it a cherry pick if they did fight now, giving Usyk a bit of time to grow into a HW and get used to big rangey opponents seems like the right thing to do if you want to see a competive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          yes but his 2nd & 3rd fights were against former world champions in Dokes & Pinklon Thomas, he beat undefeated Alex Stewart, then McDounagh before winning the undisputed HW crown off of Buster Douglas in his 6th fight at HW. Foreman was his first defence & cash grab just like his fight with Holmes...
          ... Dokes was not a "world champion"... Pinklon Thomas was previously beaten by Trevor Berbick and Mike Tyson... Stewart and McDounagh only fought cans before... but "Buster", OK...

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
            Joshua willing to fight Big Baby, Dillian Whyte, Derrick Chisora, Joseph Parker, some other random heavyweights. He's too scared to face real competition like Wilder, Fury and Ortiz.
            Wilder willing to fight Fury, Ortiz and some other random heavyweights. He's too scared to face real competition like Joshua, Big Baby, Dillian Whyte, Derrick Chisora, Joseph Parker, Povetkin.

See what I did there?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
              if gaining more weight for the heavies, makes Usyk slower to the point of him losing both his legs and speed. Then he is going to be in a lot of trouble against the bigger punches in the division like Anthony Joshua.
              The brightest thought I have read on this forum to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                You'd consider not fighting Usyk now a duck? I'd consider it a cherry pick if they did fight now, giving Usyk a bit of time to grow into a HW and get used to big rangey opponents seems like the right thing to do if you want to see a competive fight.
                Depends on Usyk not Joshua.

I believe currently Team Usyk plans on easing into HW rather than crashing the party, but, if Usyk wants the fight straight away and Joshua's team are the only folks telling him to build a HW resume then yeah that'd be a duck.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... Dokes was not a "world champion"... Pinklon Thomas was previously beaten by Trevor Berbick and Mike Tyson... Stewart and McDounagh only fought cans before... but "Buster", OK...
                  Better check that again. Dokes was the WBA champion from 82-83 after he beat Mike Weaver. He defended it in a 15 round draw rematch then lost it to Gerry Coetzee in 83

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    Better check that again. Dokes was the WBA champion from 82-83 after he beat Mike Weaver. He defended it in a 15 round draw rematch then lost it to Gerry Coetzee in 83
                    You're right.................

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                      Depends on Usyk not Joshua.

I believe currently Team Usyk plans on easing into HW rather than crashing the party, but, if Usyk wants the fight straight away and Joshua's team are the only folks telling him to build a HW resume then yeah that'd be a duck.
                      Usyk isn't calling AJ out so no one is ducking here.

Comment

Working...
                      X