Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you still win a round you've been knocked down in?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mayweather got a 10-8 round without a knockdown when he was beating the sh@t out of Ward. so yeah you could very much win it without a knockdown, you'd just have to utterly dominate after you've been kd.

Comment

Originally posted by 1nonlymre View Post
      There's some amount of subjectivity involved with this system, for sure. But that subjectivity ends with determining which fighter dominates the action. From that point on, it's a matter of following the steps I outlined. There has to be some sort of consistency and the system isn't perfect but there's no room for whether a decision is fair or not if you follow the outline I mentioned.
      And that may be perfectly fine and relevant, if you are some sort of major authority who determines judging methodologies and to whom judges report and work under.

I'm guessing you're not though, so it's actually all just your opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
        Yes, but it would produce some confusing scores for the rounds. Marquez winning the round up to the half way point of the round 10-9. Pacquiao gets a KD. (9-9) second KD (8-9) third KD (7-9) and overall winner of the round (6-9).
        You don't get a point for winning half a round, and getting knocked 3 times would suggest you lost the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
          And that may be perfectly fine and relevant, if you are some sort of major authority who determines judging methodologies and to whom judges report and work under.

I'm guessing you're not though, so it's actually all just your opinion.
          And you would be right. I tried looking for information online when posting and couldn't find anything in regards to the rules for judging professional Boxing. You can find general guidelines but not specific rules. It is my opinion. I wasn't trying to hide anything or imply that I knew above all others. The outline is one that I use when I score fights and it hasn't failed me yet. It's been able to handle every "what-if" scenario thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by 1nonlymre View Post
            And you would be right. I tried looking for information online when posting and couldn't find anything in regards to the rules for judging professional Boxing. You can find general guidelines but not specific rules. It is my opinion. I wasn't trying to hide anything or imply that I knew above all others. The outline is one that I use when I score fights and it hasn't failed me yet. It's been able to handle every "what-if" scenario thus far.
            Yeah, that's alright for what it is in that sense. I sort of understood this, but I was trying to get to the technical aspects of the rules. That was the point of my hypotheticals, sort of. To present the hard or extreme cases, and pose the question of what to do then. I understand your system for what it is, but I'm interested in knowing the written rules on this.

Are there written rules on this? This is kind of interesting. Of course there had certainly ought to be. But are judges in fact just following conventions on this matter as opposed to rule books?

Comment

9-8 probably. you'd still be behind because of the two points from KD. i've yet to witness this though even from lampley. weve seen a lot of 9-9's. 10-10 are for super close rounds i doubt anyone's been using it..

Comment

So what was the answer then? I wasn't around for this discussion but last night I scored the last round between Sulecki and Jacobs 9-9. After reading through this discussion I'm still not sure.

Given that I thought Sulecki won the round (you don't have to agree), is the proper score 9-9, 10-9, 10-10 or something else?

anyone?

Comment

Working...
                X