Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half-High Guard used by Elites... Cotto, Canelo, Mayweather, Ward..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half-High Guard used by Elites... Cotto, Canelo, Mayweather, Ward..

Many boxers forget to raise their half-guard on the followup probabilities in exchanges. My personal favorite was Miguel Cotto. Even in combinations/exchanges and fading back out of the pocket he would raise his half-guard like a boss. Canelo does this a lot, and it’s extremely important to do so in avoiding devastating follow ups from your opponent.

Ok some guys have mad power in both hands, but the traditional sense is whatever standard stance you are, your opposite hand (with a hook) is the money punch! Like Andy Lee’s right hook was always devastating even though he was a Southie. Swift Garcia’s left hook!

Dillian Whyte’s left hook that hurt AJ early in their fight. Ortiz’s left hook that hurt Wilder in the 7th. Ruiz’s left hook, staggered AJ just like Whyte did.

Though I must say nobody as badass as Foreman’s cross-guard. Took on all heavy and young hard hitters

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
    Many boxers forget to raise their half-guard on the followup probabilities in exchanges. My personal favorite was Miguel Cotto. Even in combinations/exchanges and fading back out of the pocket he would raise his half-guard like a boss. Canelo does this a lot, and it’s extremely important to do so in avoiding devastating follow ups from your opponent.

Ok some guys have mad power in both hands, but the traditional sense is whatever standard stance you are, your opposite hand (with a hook) is the money punch! Like Andy Lee’s right hook was always devastating even though he was a Southie. Swift Garcia’s left hook!

Dillian Whyte’s left hook that hurt AJ early in their fight. Ortiz’s left hook that hurt Wilder in the 7th. Ruiz’s left hook, staggered AJ just like Whyte did.

Though I must say nobody as badass as Foreman’s cross-guard. Took on all heavy and young hard hitters
    Left hook is the single most important punch in boxing for righties & right hook for southpaws. The reason being its the power punch that is most capable of landing cleanly & often while catching your opponent off guard because its the closest to your opponent since your non dominant hand is always closer to opponent than dominant hand.

Comment

Working...
    X