Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder or Lacy: who took a worse beating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lacy for sure took a worse beating. This guy was battered for the entire fight and had his prime beaten right out of him. It remains to be seen if Wilder will ever be the same again since he's in hiding right now. I'm surprised Wilder has more votes in this poll. Probably because his loss is more recent and still fresh on people's minds.

Comment

http://www.fightclubwriter.com/2016/03/9283/

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
        Dont matter if your the gamest or toughest he lost badly when the big lights were on and thats all that matters everything else is just an excuse.
        You are incorrect.

Wilder was losing the fight and having a tough time. But as a fighter 'In those sort of tough situations, some fighters would look for a way out' Wilder astonishingly never once looked for a way out, he was continually fighting back.

We all understand why Breland stopped the fight, but it is a bit overstated 'People who make out, that Breland was saving Wilder's life' Gosh people have been so dramatic in the aftermath of that fight.

I am not making excuses, excuses for what? Wilder as a fighter never gave up 'His corner gave up on him'.

Tyson Fury did not beat down Wilder into submission 'So what is everyone acting like he did?'.

Wilder was a WBC 5 year reigning champion, not some prospect that needed saving for another day 'Breland fair enough did nothing wrong, but in the context of the situation 'The situation of war' sometimes you need to just let things go.

The Wilder vs Fury situation is not over, Tyson Fury beat Deontay Wilder he pressured him more than he has pressured any heavyweight at elite level 'And Wilder still kept on fighting, he never gave up on himself.'

As limited as Wilder is, he is one game fighter 'Because I don't even think he is immensely durable physically' It is just his attitude and gameness is on another level.

Comment

Seriously so this is the worst beat down in history 'The most brutal gruesome violent fight of all time?'

For all we know, Fury could of started to fatigue 'I just don't get the dramatics surrounding the fight, the way people have reacted as if it should be a R-Rated fight.

If there are any new members online today? Whatever you do, don't watch Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder II in full, especially if you are alone.

There is a movie called Demolition man, set in the future where violence has pretty much been eradicated from the general public.

So when these people do see some violence, they seem not to be able to cope with experiencing such things 'Of course violence in general is not a pleasant experience, but inbuilt in all of us are coping mechanism' I am not here trying to promote violence.

I just think the reaction to Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder II way way out of control 'The narrative of Fury's win has been completely distorted and overblown'.

It is not the worst beat down in history, Deontay Wilder was fighting back and never gave up on himself 'I have no idea why people are so incessant, in trying to portray otherwise'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 01-23-2021, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            100% Jeff Lacy.

And what do you know? Look how long that fight went on for etc

The fact is, Tyson Fury did not inflict the worst beat down we have seen in boxing history. Deontay Wilder was losing the fight and having a really tough time 'But in a defining heavyweight bout, you just don't take a puncher out of the fight'.

I will still say that the fight ended in controversial circumstances, and the narrative of the win has been distorted in the aftermath.

Tyson Fury did not beat Wilder into submission, Wilder was still trying inside in the ring. That is something Fury's fans seem not to want to talk about? Wilder was still consciously trying, and had not given up 'As a fighting man, deep down Tyson Fury will be very aware of this'.

Fury has not knocked nobody out at elite level 'But he has gained this new aura of being the second coming of Mike Tyson, since the Wilder rematch'.

Note: Who are the people voting on these poles, have they not seen Bowe vs Holyfield, Ali vs Frazier, Bowe vs Golota 'There have been some seriously brutal heavyweight fights, I just have no idea why? This narrative of Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder came from, that it is the most terrifying brutal beat down in history.

It is completely made up, science fiction 'One fighter was having a tough time, and losing a fight' big deal.
            You're right that Fury has been hyped a bit, and that is wrong, because all he beat was a hype job.
            Wilder was exhausted in there, he is usually extremely sloppy but his skinny legs were gone and he was getting a beat down which was a joy to watch. It was especially satisfying because we all know he only took the fight because he thought Fury was a soft touch. Fury is average, and still he beat the crap out of the liar from Alabama. Wilder is done. Exposed as a coward, a liar and a hype job. And all that at the hands of a feather fisted dickhead from Manchester.

Comment

Didn't Joe land 1000 punches? Last got a worse whooping!

Comment

Definitely Lacy, the fight went 12 rounds. It’s better to have been KTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                  Joe Calzaghe vs Jeff Lacy and Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 2 are two of the most one sided beatdowns in modern boxing.

In both fights the American did not land a single punch of note and lost every second of every round.

Wilders beating ended with his one decent team member throwing the towel in to save Deontay from further punishment as he languished on the ropes being pummeled, Lacys ended at the end of the 12th with his manager begging the timekeeper to ring the bell.
                  Lacy took by far a worse beating and much more punishment.

Comment

Working...
                  X