No announcement yet.

I'm surprised Jamie McDonnell doesn't have a following here

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised Jamie McDonnell doesn't have a following here

I thought many of the posters here like fighters who don't duck, fight anyone, solid chin, entertaining fights, ect.

Jamie McDonnell's last 4 fights by the end of 2016 is looking like it's going to be

Kameda X2
    Payano (Ordered to happen next by WBA)
    Yamanaka (Unification rumored for late 2016 if he beats Payano)

That's no joke. He's also got a win over current WBC super bantamweight champion Julio Ceja.

If you've not heard of him then check out his fights.

I've watched majority of his televised fights. The smaller weights don't really get no love. Hopefully he can get a stoppage or two and hopefully ruffle a few feathers on his way to capturing the belts.

He's one to keep an eye on with the odds if you like a flutter he's always a decent price.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
      I've watched majority of his televised fights. The smaller weights don't really get no love. Hopefully he can get a stoppage or two and hopefully ruffle a few feathers on his way to capturing the belts.

He's one to keep an eye on with the odds if you like a flutter he's always a decent price.
      I think if he can win his next two fights and move to 122 he will start getting noticed. There's money fights at 122 for him like Quigg, Frampton (If he stays at 122), Ceja rematch.

Comment

Really like Mcdonnell. Cracking footwork and solid fundamentals.

Not the best athlete tbf, but he gets away with it due to his lanky frame and control of distance

Hope a unification comes off with Yamanaka

Comment

I'm a McDonnell fan

I agree, he seems to go under the radar. Even over here with our boxing media at times.

Those wins over Kameda were excellent wins. Especially as Kameda was being presented as the 'home' fighter.

He's a good fighter, with underrated ability IMO.

Comment

Low key, I've been paying attention since he fought Stuart Hall. Jamie is definitely an under-appreciated talent and his fights with Kameda were pretty entertaining; however, since I prefer fighters with stopping power, I've haven't taken to him like I have with fellow UK 'midgets' Frampton and Quigg.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 01-28-2016, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately most of us dont have exposure to him.

That happens a lot with international fighters.

Comment

Working...
              X