No announcement yet.

The best build up for a fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best build up for a fight?

What do you guys think it is? Personally, I'm going with Floyd-Oscar. I remember being so hyped waiting for the next 24/7!

Actually forgot I made this post. Chime in fellas!

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
      What do you guys think it is? Personally, I'm going with Floyd-Oscar. I remember being so hyped waiting for the next 24/7!
      Nothing has ever quite compared to the magnitude of May-Pac for me. Friends who knew nothing about boxing knew about the fight. It was ****ing huge... maybe the biggest ever.

But the most enjoyable build up for me was Mayweather-Hatton. I amBritish which is why the build up was so thrilling to me. A great, classy pure boxer facing our very own rough, scrubby Ricky Hatton. It was amazing. Hatton was at the top of his game and the relationship he had with us, his fans, made the fight feel personal to us. I remember when Floyd came to London to train at Pea**** Gym, the entire street was flooded with fans. I didn't manage to get in but it was a moment I'll never forget. Ricky wanted to hurt Floyd, and Floyd, he was just Floyd. The fight didn't disappoint either, May should true heart and gritt. One of the best periods of my life, from a boxing standpoint.

The good old days...
      Last edited by Bozbay; 11-16-2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Floyd would say "Ricky Fatton", "I'll box that midget". Ricky was saying "Lets ****ing have him". Everything was exciting and entertaining... a real good build up to a proper fight.

Comment

Floyd vs Hatton. I feel they could have done more with Floyd vs Pac.

Comment

Mayweather-Hatton was the most fun and exciting buildup to a fight for me. Mayweather-Pacquiao seemed more like a culmination of something, of arguments and anticipation of what?

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
              Floyd vs Hatton. I feel they could have done more with Floyd vs Pac.
              I feel the same way. The promotion for it was only okay (not that it needed to be great) but I felt like there could've been way more done for it

Comment

Floyd-hatton.....no question
                hatton fought like a man......poochiao fought like a ****ing b.ytch!

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                  Mayweather-Hatton was the most fun and exciting buildup to a fight for me. Mayweather-Pacquiao seemed more like a culmination of something, of arguments and anticipation of what?
                  Agree, Floyd-Hatton was insane and the British fans who came over really added to the hoopla. Floyd-Oscar, Tyson-Spinks, and Tyson-Holyfield I were all incredible buildups.

Mayweather-Pacquiao was more of a culmination, they didn't spend money promoting the fight all that much because they knew they didn't need to, so that took away from the build up. Mayweather's side didn't say too much at all during the build up. Pacquiao's side talked a lot more about Manny looking like a beast and being the best he's ever been having gotten his killer instinct back. 4.5 million buys after so little hoopla proves them right that they didn't need to promotoe the fight too much.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    Oscar-Floyd had an amazing build up. And yes that 24/7 was great especially because it was the first of that series.

But the build up to that fight had nothing on Floyd-manny. That was a 6 years build and people was more than pumped. That fight had the biggest hype but was also the biggest let down.

Damn Floyd was part of two of the biggest built up fight ever and both ended up being very lackluster affairs. What does that say. I'll give Floyd credit dude knows how to build a fight. But when it comes to showtime the fight never compares to the build up. Damn shame.
                    Last edited by boxinghead530; 11-16-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X