Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RA the Rugged Man Vs Floyd Mayweather on Shade 45 (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    To be fair - and I like that comparison - Castillo had a much better jab than Margarito, as well as better footwork and speed and was as powerful and tough. He was a much crisper boxer than Margarito and, while Tony was a formidable inside fighter, years of sparring with Julio Cesar Chavez taught Castillo all the nuances of that aspect of the game.

The championship rounds of Mayweather-Castillo I are a pleasure to watch and also show how valuable Roger Mayweather's boxing acumen is. The momentum had completely turned in Castillo's favor and Floyd was on his heels. And instead of telling Floyd to box more or whatever, Roger told Floyd to stand his ground and combat Castillo on the inside. The next round (11?) featured an excellent display of in-fighting from both fighters.

The thing that really gets lost because the decision was unjustifiably wide is just how great a fight it was from a tactical perspective and also the sheer quality of boxing from both guys.

Comment

• now all the sudden mosley isnt a good win?

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
        Castillo is just a flat out smarter boxer than Margarito imo.
        Exactly. People think floyd would get murked by Margarito and I am not one of them, especially if it was 5 years ago. I mean seriously look what Cotto did to Marg in the first 6 rounds, and Floyd is better at everything than Cotto when it comes to boxing. Floyd wouldn't go straight back into the ropes, he'd be turning getting out quick as **** and just pop shotting Marg to a decision where Floyd wouldn't lose a round. Think Floyd/Chico same **** IMO. Way too fast for a way too slow plodder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
          Exactly. People think floyd would get murked by Margarito and I am not one of them, especially if it was 5 years ago. I mean seriously look what Cotto did to Marg in the first 6 rounds, and Floyd is better at everything than Cotto when it comes to boxing. Floyd wouldn't go straight back into the ropes, he'd be turning getting out quick as **** and just pop shotting Marg to a decision where Floyd wouldn't lose a round. Think Floyd/Chico same **** IMO. Way too fast for a way too slow plodder.
          Thing with Corrales though is Floyd did hurt him. I don't think Floyd would hurt Margarito at all (back then). Floyd does fight good under pressure, but Margarito then I think would've turned up the heat mid rounds and it could've gotten interesting. I believe Floyd would've won, but I think Margarito would've made Floyd work. This is also assuming of course...Margarito wasn't loaded lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            Thing with Corrales though is Floyd did hurt him. I don't think Floyd would hurt Margarito at all (back then). Floyd does fight good under pressure, but Margarito then I think would've turned up the heat mid rounds and it could've gotten interesting. I believe Floyd would've won, but I think Margarito would've made Floyd work. This is also assuming of course...Margarito wasn't loaded lol.
            Floyd would've gone to Margarito's body. Like Mosley did early on. That would've made the difference.

Comment

Floyd would've gone to Margarito's body. Like Mosley did early on. That would've made the difference.
              That could've happened too, but I'm not sure Floyd would've been as effective as Mosley. Even as old as Mosley was he still had power to be conscious of.

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                That could've happened too, but I'm not sure Floyd would've been as effective as Mosley. Even as old as Mosley was he still had power to be conscious of.
                Those shots accumulate. Plus, you don't have to hit as hard as Mosley. Danny Perez put Margarito on his ass and he wasn't in Mosley's area code in terms of power.

Comment

Not to mention Floyd would clinch him. Over and over and over if he had too.

I think Tony would've been surprised to see how strong Floyd was.

Imo the fight would not have been close. At the end of the day he doesnt win more than 4 rounds.

Floyd has no problem fighting a full 12 so Margs stamina wouldve been a wash.

Comment

• LOL this is Floyd's legacy^^^^

Coulda Woulda Shoulda done this and that to Margarito, prime Cotto, Williams, etc...

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                      LOL this is Floyd's legacy^^^^

Coulda Woulda Shoulda done this and that to Margarito, prime Cotto, Williams, etc...
                      margarito's legacy is a legacy of loaded wraps.....

Comment

Working...
                      X