No announcement yet.

Pipeno Cuevas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipeno Cuevas

One of my favorite fighters to watch. Cuevas was such a violent puncher, he really brutalized his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by El Cabron View Post
      One of my favorite fighters to watch. Cuevas was such a violent puncher, he really brutalized his opponents.
      In his prime Cuevas's left was one of the most feared punchers in boxing....that punch was a sledgehammer.

Comment

he broke more bones then any other boxer in history, was almost always the underdog, he is one of my all time favs

Comment

Pictures of Cuevas........

Pipino Cuevas punching Cholo Espada

Comment

Comment

did he & carlos palomino fight?

who won?

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                did he & carlos palomino fight?

who won?
                No Cuevas and Palomino never fought. But both held titles in the Welterweight division at the same time. Cuevas was WBA champion while Palomino was WBC Champion. So a fight when both were champions would of been a very interesting battle.

But Palomino would lose his Title to Wilfred Benitez in 79 on SD, while Cuevas would lose his title to Thomas Hearns in 1980 getting knocked out in 2.
                Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 06-26-2009, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the vids 16BF..
                  One thing that's evident is the way Cuevas plants his feet to unload bombs..
                  Incredibly wide stances for max leverage.. Wish he'd fought Duran at WW..
                  I think he was one of the best to watch, but just misses out on ATG status due to the many defeats that litter his record..
                  That guy, Ranzany had a good chin! Wasn't he also 'the face' of Gentlemens barber shops at the time.. lol

Comment

Working...
                  X