Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: NSAC Exec: Good Stoppage of Kovalev, Ward's Shots Were Legal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    Then why is tony weeks on twitter stating that he was wrong and missed some of the low blows that Andre threw after watching the replay?
    are you really that dumb to think that's a real account lol

Comment

• Don't have a dog in this race but its hilarious that the picture in the article clearly shows most of the glove in the black part of the shorts..if his jock strap is behind the logo and the punch lands there is that not a low blow? Not saying Kovalev was going to win but to deny that there was at the very least one low in all of those body punches is just stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Time View Post
        I do believe that Ward was on his way to a likely stoppage win. If not the 8th round then probably the 9th or 10th. I think it would have been tough for Kovalev to survive all the way to the 12th and last. Imo he probably would have been stopped.

What I do have a problem with is the way the fight was stopped, it was a bad stoppage imo, premature.

I couldn't tell where a lot of those body blows were landing, most seem to have landed on the belt line. But there wasn't a clear view to really tell. But that last one right before the fight was stopped was clearly on the B of the Hublot advertisement on Kovalev's trunks. It was clear as day that one was definitely a low blow. So given that as well, the fight was stopped prematurely. It should have been allowed to continue and we as well as Ward should have been given the opportunity of an emphatic, clear, controversy free, debate free stoppage. But it didn't happen that way.
        What you're failing to understand is that the final two shots were relatively academic. The third to last blow was legal, landing right on thr beltline. And it doubled Kovalev over. Now I don't know if he was doubled over in pain or doubled over trying to get a break from the ref. Only Sergey can answer that. But at that point he had given himself up. And that's where Weeks should have stepped in and either ruled Kovalev down or waved it off. The final two shots Ward landed IMO were low. But that's not his fault. Kovalev had given himself up and the ref hadn't stepped in. Ward is still allowed to punch in that situation. And Kovalev was technically in an illegal position because he was bent below Ward's waist. So if Ward opts to target hit body there, he's well within his right and the rules to do so. There was pretty much nowhere else to hit, due to Kovalev being in an illegal position.

Comment

• After all the krusher B.S he went and got folded like a clean t-shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            What you're failing to understand is that the final two shots were relatively academic. The third to last blow was legal, landing right on thr beltline. And it doubled Kovalev over. Now I don't know if he was doubled over in pain or doubled over trying to get a break from the ref. Only Sergey can answer that. But at that point he had given himself up. And that's where Weeks should have stepped in and either ruled Kovalev down or waved it off. The final two shots Ward landed IMO were low. But that's not his fault. Kovalev had given himself up and the ref hadn't stepped in. Ward is still allowed to punch in that situation. And Kovalev was technically in an illegal position because he was bent below Ward's waist. So if Ward opts to target hit body there, he's well within his right and the rules to do so. There was pretty much nowhere else to hit, due to Kovalev being in an illegal position.

I've already posted numerous times that I believe Ward was on his way to winning and that I doubted that Kovalev would survive if that 8th round that he most likely was about to get stopped soon whether 8, 9, 10 or whatever. I didn't believe Kovalev was going to make it to the 12th.

I'm being objective honest and fair. I realize everything that happened.

I'm a fan of the sport and I want to see the right thing happen. Since Saturday night there have been differing opinions, debates, disagreements on how the fight was stopped when this all could have been avoided. Again, we should have been talking about Ward's epic victory, performance, etc....not debating, disagreeing about if the ending of the fight was legitimate, controversial, etc...

Boxing, the fans, Ward and Kovalev deserved to have that fight end in emphatic clear fashion to avoid what has been going on since Saturday night with the disputies and disagreeing on the fight ending.

As a fan of boxing or any sport I want to see the right calls made, the right thing happen.

The last blow to end the fight was clearly a low blow. No fan in boxing wants to see a fight waved off after that.

I know Kovalev was on the verge of getting knocked out. Then let him get knocked out instead of prematurely stopping a fight.

If Kovalev was on the verge of knocking Ward out and Ward got hit with a clear low blow then the ref comes in and stops the fight, I would say the same thing. And you know a bunch of fans would have been going off on Kovalev saying he fought dirty, Ward wasn't given a chance to recover, how can they end the fight on a low blow, blah, blah, blah.

If people look at it from a non biased objective point of view and what is good for the sport then they would not agree with a fight getting waved off from the last punch being a clear low blow.

That's just being real and honest about it.

Ward deserved to win in clear emphatic fashion to avoid any questioning of how the fight was stopped.

This is how I feel about it. Whoever feels different, well we can agree to disagree. I'm good with that.
            Last edited by The Time; 06-19-2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Boxing 2017 and beyond....

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                  Don't have a dog in this race but its hilarious that the picture in the article clearly shows most of the glove in the black part of the shorts..if his jock strap is behind the logo and the punch lands there is that not a low blow? Not saying Kovalev was going to win but to deny that there was at the very least one low in all of those body punches is just stupid.

Thank you and that was the last punch thrown when Weeks came in to stop the fight. If you watch the video of that punch, Ward hit the letter B on the Hublot advertisement on Kovalev's trunks.

I know Kovalev was on the verge of getting knocked out, well then let him get knocked out.

Stopping a fight on a low blow should not have occurred. Ward deserved to win by emphatic knockout where it was a clear win with no room for debate, disagreement controversy, etc.

But that didn't happen and since Saturday the disagreements continue. This could have been avoided but unfortunately it wasn't.
                  Last edited by The Time; 06-19-2017, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• How does anybody take NSAC seriously anyway? They blocked Ward fighting a decent level fighter yet sanctioned Floyd, a guy considered the best of an era to fight a guy that's never boxed before. I'd like to see them justify that one.

I personally have no issue with that fight, but there's no consistency there.

They are corrupt to the core.

Comment

• Ah ha ha ha ha ward has the judges, ref and now officials all lined up behind him!!!! Any IDIOT can see the final blow was a testicle punch and i believe several punches during the fight were also low.

Kovalev made the mistake of not hitting ward back low as soon as he saw wards tactics of targeting the belt line area

Wards a dirty fighter, has been in the past and will be in the future. He can get away with literally anything on home soil and he and his camp know this. He would have defo lost the first fight in any other country and been warned for low blows second fight. Now hes the hero and kov the overrated smuck. That boxing folks!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X