No announcement yet.

Gonna be a lot of Tears, kovalev quit didn't even protest stoppage right after

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Your favorite boxer won and by KO so enjoy it. I was hoping and expecting a Kovolev win but it didn't happen. Sometimes fights don't go the way you think they will or the way you want them to go. You shouldn't be too hard on Kovalev fans like me for backing the boxer we liked and believed in. After all you backed Ward to the hilt because you like him and believe in him. Nobody really has to eat crow for backing the wrong boxer in such a close fight. I have changed my mind about both fighters. Ward is much better than I thought he was with punching power I didn't think he had. I doubt any boxer his weight can beat him and he can leave boxing as an undefeated winner whenever he wants to. Kovalev is not as good as I thought he was. I wish him well but I am no longer a big Kovalev fan. I think Ward ruined him and he won't ever be as good as he was.
    Stop rooting against the USA you scab.

Get with the program

If you're going to live here support here.

Comment

I jumped ship because Kovalev let me down. He didn't fight very well or show much heart. I am sorry if I seem like a trader. Yes, I trashed Ward and I still hate the way he fights. He always wins and he beat the one guy I thought could beat him. His style sucks big time in my opinion. He always wins so I have to give him credit for that. I certainly have not become a Ward fan. I just admit he s damn near impossible to beat. I have lots of great boxers to chose from to be a big fan of. Why should I remain a big Kovalev fan when I no longer have much faith in him. GGG, Canelo, Rigo, Loma and Spence are favorites of mine who have never really let me down so they remain my favorites. If they perform as poorly as Kovalev did tonight they won't be my favorites any more. To be a favorite boxer of mine I have to like the guy but he must also fight at the highest level. I'll still root for him when he is past prime but it's not quite the same.
      So a fighter that has a poor showing and loses let's you down? You are going to have many disappointing nights as a boxing fan. You will always be looking for your next favorite fighter to support.

Comment

I jumped ship because Kovalev let me down. He didn't fight very well or show much heart. I am sorry if I seem like a trader. Yes, I trashed Ward and I still hate the way he fights. He always wins and he beat the one guy I thought could beat him. His style sucks big time in my opinion. He always wins so I have to give him credit for that. I certainly have not become a Ward fan. I just admit he s damn near impossible to beat. I have lots of great boxers to chose from to be a big fan of. Why should I remain a big Kovalev fan when I no longer have much faith in him. GGG, Canelo, Rigo, Loma and Spence are favorites of mine who have never really let me down so they remain my favorites. If they perform as poorly as Kovalev did tonight they won't be my favorites any more. To be a favorite boxer of mine I have to like the guy but he must also fight at the highest level. I'll still root for him when he is past prime but it's not quite the same.
        I thought he fought a very good fight. His jab was on point, and I had him up 1 going into the 8th. Ward was landing the better punches, but Kovalev won rounds with a consistent jab.

Its not a reason to turn on him, you don't fight an Andre Ward everyday. He fought him twice, arguably won the first fight and fought great in the second fight. I don't know if he didn't show heart, I think the premature stoppage robbed us of knowing how much heart he has. He was definitely being broken down.

At the end of the day when you fight against A level boxers, and in this case A+ boxers, your flaws will come to the surface, and guess what? You are not going to look like superman. The other guys you mention, they will also look human if they fight top tier fighters in their prime, and they might lose too. GGG is on your list, expect him to have a hell of a tough night in a few short months, and he might lose. That shouldn't mean that you are not a fan anymore, I guess what I am trying to say is I don't like your attitude. Its shallow.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
          Why are you no longer a big fan? Because he lost? He will not be as good as he was because he Is 34 with stamina Issues.
          I am no longer a big fan of his because he seemed to give up and didn't show the will to win I expected of him. It's not that he lost so much as how he lost. It's my choice to be a big fan of whoever I want to. They can all fight 100 times better than I can. I have to like the boxer. I won't root for an ass hole. I am usually a big fan of very skillful boxers because it's more fun to back a winner. I'll be rooting for Kovalev in future fights but he just isn't a big favorite of mine anymore.

Comment

I am no longer a big fan of his because he seemed to give up and didn't show the will to win I expected of him. It's not that he lost so much as how he lost. It's my choice to be a big fan of whoever I want to. They can all fight 100 times better than I can. I have to like the boxer. I won't root for an ass hole. I am usually a big fan of very skillful boxers because it's more fun to back a winner. I'll be rooting for Kovalev in future fights but he just isn't a big favorite of mine anymore.
            You are correct, you have the right to like whoever you want but I think you can see how this comes across. He made an honest effort and the cards were pretty much even up to the time of the stoppage. He got caught with a solid punch. It happens. Just because Ward was able to do what he did to Kovalev doesn't mean that their are to many other fighters going to be able to do It.

Comment

Your favorite boxer won and by KO so enjoy it. I was hoping and expecting a Kovolev win but it didn't happen. Sometimes fights don't go the way you think they will or the way you want them to go. You shouldn't be too hard on Kovalev fans like me for backing the boxer we liked and believed in. After all you backed Ward to the hilt because you like him and believe in him. Nobody really has to eat crow for backing the wrong boxer in such a close fight. I have changed my mind about both fighters. Ward is much better than I thought he was with punching power I didn't think he had. I doubt any boxer his weight can beat him and he can leave boxing as an undefeated winner whenever he wants to. Kovalev is not as good as I thought he was. I wish him well but I am no longer a big Kovalev fan. I think Ward ruined him and he won't ever be as good as he was.

Ward just has his # and simply refuses to lose or be intimidated

I'm still a fan of kov, just not his bandwagoners

He can continue n be successful. Keep being a loyal fan

Comment

Working...
              X