Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Saul Alvarez. Who Wins. Public Poll

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me it's gonna be close fight, got felling one of them wins by points, no KO.

Comment

• Triple G in 3

Comment

• I just dont see how Canelo beats GGG.

Compare the legs of Jacobs and Brook with Canelo's and its just night and day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          This ^. Canelo is solid, even good at some things, but exceptional at nothing. His biggest asset may be his quick flurries but I see these troubling GGG not at all. GGGs workrate, jab and relentless pressure would reduce Canelo's output to the occasional counter. I honestly can't even see a scenario in which the fight's remotely close enough for Canelo to get a robbery SD.
          I think he is a very fluid combination puncher, and his timing has gotten much better over the years. Maybe he's not 'exceptional' at anything, but that mixture of fluidity, accuracy and timing is pretty rare.

I'll say it here and now that he is capable of lighting Golovkin up in the pocket. Especially as GGG freezes up as bad as Broner when opponents unload on him. Not just Jacobs either, Brook produced the same effect.

That's Golovkin's big weakness coming into this fight. He is totally outmatched in short pocket exchanges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
            I think he is a very fluid combination puncher, and his timing has gotten much better over the years. Maybe he's not 'exceptional' at anything, but that mixture of fluidity, accuracy and timing is pretty rare.

I'll say it here and now that he is capable of lighting Golovkin up in the pocket. Especially as GGG freezes up as bad as Broner when opponents unload on him. Not just Jacobs either, Brook produced the same effect.

That's Golovkin's big weakness coming into this fight. He is totally outmatched in short pocket exchanges.
            Hmmm. Well my opinion has evolved, (as has Canelo) somewhat since I posted that some 18 months ago, and yeah I can see Canelo having good success with the counter, though the short exchanges you mention will depend largely on Golovkins control of range - and I do feel that he has both the better footwork and higher ring IQ.

Overall though the fighter who is able to dictate the pace of the bout will probably win - Golovkin will need to keep up a high workload, control range and work behind the jab and Canelo will need to slow it down and draw Golvkin in. I'm still picking GGG though in my eyes it's narrowed from something like a 75/25 type affair to more like 60/40.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              So does bias.
              I think he has a fair point about the context of the fighter on Canelo's resume. Names are better but there are other factors.

Size - Golovkin
              Jab - Golovkin
              Combinations - Canelo
              Chin - Golovkin
              Footwork - Golovkin
              Head movement - Canelo
              Ring Generalship - Golovkin
              Power - Golovkin
              Youth - Canelo

If Canelo wins, much respect to him because he really has a lot against him. I don't see this as 50/50 unless GGG has gotten old over night, which I will not use as an excuse.

If Canelo wins, then ****...he won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                I think he has a fair point about the context of the fighter on Canelo's resume. Names are better but there are other factors.

Size - Golovkin
                Jab - Golovkin
                Combinations - Canelo
                Chin - Golovkin
                Footwork - Golovkin
                Head movement - Canelo
                Power - Golovkin
                Youth - Canelo

If Canelo wins, much respect to him because he really has a lot against him. I don't see this as 50/50 unless GGG has gotten old over night, which I will not use as an excuse.

If Canelo wins, then ****...he won.
                I like those factors but to me it looks more like this

Size - Canelo(shorter and weighs more)
                Power - Golovkin by a huge margin
                Chin - Neither has been dropped
                Defense - Canelo
                Experience - Canelo (more experience in big fights. GGG has been "exposed" in 2 of his only big fights.)
                Footwork - Both have great footwork
                Counterpunch - Canelo (the biggest key factor)

It's a match of a more experienced fighter with tremendous power who has shown his age in the past few fights by getting hit versus a young megastar fighter that has proven he can handle the big stage!

I see Canelo winning this fight by slipping GGG shots and forcing GGG backwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair. View Post
                  I could not find a single past thread that has this fight with a Public poll. I tried to find one on Google but couldn't find one.

Anyway, who wins this fight?

I say GGG beats Canelo with Canelo's Corner throwing in the Towel in round 9. By round 9, Canelo is Good Boy and Canelo's face is the Color of his hair and it is a mess.
                  I tend to agree.

GGG by towel/ref stoppage, or if Yellow CanelHOE survives the distance or is cut, and the refs are involved, it will be a highway robbery.

Comment

• this is a 2 year OLD THREAD

NEW ONE WILL HAVE canelo TKO ggg by a landslide.

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR CHAVEZ! View Post
                      this is a 2 year OLD THREAD

NEW ONE WILL HAVE canelo TKO ggg by a landslide.
                      Your troll game needs work

Comment

Working...
                      X