Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith Blasts Bernard Hopkins Right Out of The Ring, TKO Win!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hahaha fk hopkins. He got his old azz knocked out of the ring and out of boxing for good...ghetto piece of sht

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Any gifs of this KO yet? Holy f#ck this sounds nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by crazed_z06 View Post
        That's a thing of beauty - seeing this old ass spoiler / excuse making / graceless cvnt get sent packing = wonderful wonderful viewing.

Hopefully he continues his graceless schtick by saying he hurt his ankle or got pushed or something.

Yeah ok Bernie, just disappear now fellah, you are a useless old fool.

Comment

• Never cared for this fight and don't care for any future B Hop fights.

Comment

• This is worse than Walters quitting. Hopkins got knocked out and had 20 and had twice as long to recover and he still quit. Memories of him quitting in the Dawson fight. He's a quitter. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              I really wanted Hopkins to retire without ever being stopped. It's frustrating cause Hopkins should have retire two years ago so he wouldnt go out like this.
              Same here man. In hindsight it was really stupid to fight a young powerful hungry fighter after a two year layoff, especially at this age. I think just going the distance against Kovalev at age 49, despite getting beat badly, was a bit of an accomplishment, to just say "hey, I've never been stopped, not even Kovalev could stop me just two months shy of 50". That was something to hang his hat on. Now unfortunately, he retires with a stop.

I think it was very unfortunate like Hopkins said, it was a weird sequence of events, laying on the ropes taking some ok shots but nothing that was going to legit KO him to suddenly falling out the ring, and not even landing on a table he went straight to the concrete lol just about the worst thing that could have possibly happened. But still, totally unnecessary fight for a guy that proved everything he wanted to and then some.

Just goes to show how cruel of a sport this is - there are no victory laps for an old vet to retire off in the sunset. It's a young man's game and eventually age will catch up with everyone, even the legend of Hopkins couldn't escape that.

Oh well. I'm sure after he gets into the Hall of fame, people will remember him for his accomplishments, not losing to a guy hardly anyone knew of.

Comment

• Can't say I feel much sympathy for Hopkins here, especially considering the (expected) excuse making after the fact and his generally *****ty behaviour in and out of the ring over the years. I hope he swallows his pride and retires though. He finally looked his age, both physically and performance wise. Odds on whether he does or not.

Comment

• If the ego of Hopkins holds, he'll be insisting on a re-match in the next several days or weeks.....

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    It doesn't make sense to me.

20 seconds is fine if you have a little fall, but how was he supposed to recover from a fall like that (a big drop and landing directly on his back/head) and be back in the ring within 20 seconds?
                    he was out from the punches before he hit the ground also he had people helping him up which would have automatically disqualified him instead being counted out.you have to make it back into the ring under your own power.

Comment

• Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                      he was out from the punches before he hit the ground also he had people helping him up which would have automatically disqualified him instead being counted out.you have to make it back into the ring under your own power.
                      Yep, I thought that immediately when they were helping him. But I think they were helping more from a is this guy all right perspective but all the same fight was over as soon as they touched him.

Comment

Working...
                      X