Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson= Overrated trainer. You cant be considered "GREAT" by piggybacking!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thread is on point.

Just because nazim spits a couple of slick rhymes during a match everybody made him out to be some legendary all knowing boxing guru.

Typical.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      the thread is on point.

Just because nazim spits a couple of slick rhymes during a match everybody made him out to be some legendary all knowing boxing guru.

Typical.
      that's all he does huh?
      Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      another thing is you don't see all the stuff he does with young fighters and in the amateurs. His sons Tiger & Rock Allen, for example Rock had a record of 168-10 as an amateur and was on the 2004 Olympic squad who beat guys like Devon Alexander, Prescott, Paulie Malignaggi, and Lamont Peterson. Where do you think he learned to fight? Also talented amateur fighters such as the Dargan brothers and other PA fighters that Richardson spends countless hours with. Not to mention Steve Cunningham has been a very solid fighter (getting old though).

Richardson has been respected in the game LONG before he hooked up with Mosley.

Comment

Flicking the towel at a boxer's head and doing mittwork with those foam things is pretty lame.

I doubt he learned that from Bouie Fischer.

Comment

he gets more praise then he deserve cause he speaks with conviction and is well spoken. SO he makes you believe the **** he says when people interview him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Flicking the towel at a boxer's head and doing mittwork with those foam things is pretty lame.

I doubt he learned that from Bouie Fischer.
            Yea, this. It looks pretty lame when he does this. Richardson in my mind is only know for catching margarita with wraps

Comment

Originally posted by atreyu khalil View Post
              naazim richardson gets a lot of praise on this board and i really dont understand why.

His only 2 top fighters he has trained are two fighters that were already certified hall of famers when he began training them. Those 2 fighters are shane mosley & bernard hopkins. Naazim richardson started being the head trainer for bernard hopkins when he was 40 years old at the end of 2005 for the taylor rematch. Bernard hopkins knew all there was to know already at that time of his career.

Everything hopkins does he has been doing before naz was the head trainer. Hopkins was beating people down long before naz was the lead guy. Bouie fisher taught hopkins everything and was the lead guy when naz was just a cornerman...naz was just the sidekick in the corner until 2005. Hopkins has lost more fights under naz then he did before naz was training him. He has lost 3 times under naazims tutelage. His best wins under naazim might be vs the tarver that dropped 30-40lbs after the rocky movie that he outclassed or when he fought the middleweight champion kelly pavlik @170lbs....its hard for me to decide.

He started training shane mosley in 2009 for the margarito fight and mosley was 37 at that time. That was a good win imo but mosley on any night beats margarito. Shane mosley wouldve beat him the same way even if jack mosley trained him that night. Also antonio margarito is one of the most over rated fighters in this era, even more so with the unearthing of his cheating.

Shane mosley has 1 win, 3 losses & 1 draw under the tutelage of naazim richardson and has looked absolutely terrible against mayweather, mora, pacquiao and most recently canelo alvarez. I dont ever see what richardson does that is great, i have not seen him improve on either of these 2 fighters as their styles or skills havent changed since he began training them. He seems to provide nothing in the corner other than sun tzu: Art of war like quotes and simplistic over the top analogies.

how can you regard a guy as a great trainer when he hasnt made a fighter "great". If you start being a guys head trainer when he has already been in the game 20 years and is a certified all time great then how does that make you a great trainer? I know he is training some up and coming fighters but they arent great yet so he has to prove how "great" of a trainer he is.

i've stated this on several different occassions.

Comment

hes a good trainer all of them are pretty good trainers they are professionals you cant just become a top trainer and not be a pretty good one, you just cant fight the fight for your fighters... it is what it is... but that thing witht he towel looks pretty whack!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Naazim Richardson is an excellent trainer. Maybe even underrated, judging by this thread.
                  based on?

this should be good because instead of getting the normal crud I will get a legit reply

in terms of fight night coaching I do think he knows what he is assessing in the ring

as far as getting there I think the proof is in the pudding

Hopkins- has been on record he is a result of Bouie Fischer
                  Mosley- game plan to perfection but since then has not even been competitive. He arguably lost to Mora lol
                  Rock Allen- has done nothing with his own son
                  Karl Dargan- good kid but he stopped as well
                  Steve Cunningham- how long has Nazim been his trainer?

Comment

Great post by TS. You opened my eyes about Nazim. I am guilty of overrating him after Shane's victory over Cheato. Nazim is definitely an interesting and compelling individual and a great motivator to boot, but shouldn't be considered a "great trainer". Not yet, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by koboy View Post
                      Great post by TS. You opened my eyes about Nazim. I am guilty of overrating him after Shane's victory over Cheato. Nazim is definitely an interesting and compelling individual and a great motivator to boot, but shouldn't be considered a "great trainer". Not yet, IMHO.
                      I am not saying he isnt a good trainer or he doesnt have boxing knowledge but he is far from a great trainer

Comment

Working...
                      X