Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Julian Jackson fare in the current JMW division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
    Someone said Vanes could outbox him...? You can't be serious right, even the limited Jackson is LEAGUES, and I mean leagues ahead of Vanes. Vanes gets brutally stopped inside 3 rounds, put it this way if Ouma and Saul Roman hurt and dropped Vanes, just imagine what Julian would do. Now, Lara, who is more skilled with his southpaw awkwardness, would cause him some problems. A fight with him and Kirkland would make Angulo-Kirkland look like child's play. I'd love to see that. I mean, who wouldn't?
    I get where ur coming from with JJ vs Kirkland but it lasts only until Jackson connects which he would. Julian Jackson KO1

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
      Someone said Vanes could outbox him...? You can't be serious right, even the limited Jackson is LEAGUES, and I mean leagues ahead of Vanes. Vanes gets brutally stopped inside 3 rounds, put it this way if Ouma and Saul Roman hurt and dropped Vanes, just imagine what Julian would do. Now, Lara, who is more skilled with his southpaw awkwardness, would cause him some problems. A fight with him and Kirkland would make Angulo-Kirkland look like child's play. I'd love to see that. I mean, who wouldn't?

he'd stop kirkland, angulo, williams, brutally

angulo has a good / great chin if kirkland hasn't broken it yet. he'd probably stay upright the longest and take the most punishment. he'd need a huge layoff after that fight. keep him away from punchers for at least a year and a half.

literally everybody williams ever fought can put their best leather on him. jackson would totally dust the poor guy

cotto would run for 12 rounds. he's got some tricks but he doesnt have enough of them to avoid literally every punch. i dont think he could even take punches on his gloves for many rounds. eventually they would take their toll.

it's hard to comprehend just how hard jackson hit. we dont have a puncher like him anywhere in boxing. he put absolutely everything into his hard punches. he did have good timing. he wasn't a small guy.

he wouldnt just knock guys down and take their legs, he would send them across the ring. when they went out they were usually out cold. he'd even have time to point them to the ground and send them off

a number of his knockouts are on the tier of martinez - williams, pacquiao - hatton, etc. they just arent against top flight opponents and in big fights. a few of them are.

he might be the hardest puncher of all time. guys are never the same after they got hit by a puncher like that. the G man claimed to have headaches off and on after the first jackson fight.

his career would look totally different today. it would depend on who signed him and if they were able to keep him under contract

if he signed with a smaller promotor he would be avoided like the plague.
      if he signed with TR or GBP he would only fight house fighters and he would probably be put in there with a lot of bums and he'd have a lot of highlight reel stuff. the task then is staying focused and making sure he's matched well

huge knockouts put butts in buckets. we're really lacking a puncher like that today. if jackson were american he'd be a big deal today.

he had his limits, and lost to the best fighters he faced, mccallum and mcclellan (norris was good, but markedly smaller than those two, and is overrated.) the g man was a gigantic MW and mccallum a gigantic jr MW who finished his career with
      Last edited by New England; 04-04-2012, 07:16 AM.

Comment

He beats them all with Trout putting up the most resistance.

Comment

He'd finish em all by brutal ko...

Comment

I think Lara could out-craft him.

Comment

He KOs them all and Mayweather and Martinez also. Mayweather, Martinez, and Canelo would have the best chance to beat him. At 154 he was a great puncher with both hands and only Hearns and Trinidad came near him in two handed power. He scored 15 KOs in a row as jr middleweight and middleweight champion. He destroyed Terry Norris in two rounds. His only loss at 154 was to the great body puncher, Mike McCallum. I think he would KO Kirkand in the first round.

Comment

Working...
              X