Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feds: No civil rights charges against NYPD officer who choked Eric Garner in 2014

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn’t this originally issued a homicide?

Rear naked chokes are no joke. If a malicious MMA fighter wanted to kill his opponent by a choke he could. You do it enough for a tap out and a good ref to separate as quickly as possible.

Just because the guy was obese doesn’t mean the cop had to use such excessive force. One could easily pass out.. or the body doesn’t know how to handle situation, given the guy’s health condition. One shock leads to the next.

But as many say, cops aren’t allowed to do such chokes.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      Lol

Rear naked chokes are blood chokes

You'll pass out before you suffocate from lack of oxygen

Go take a jiu jitsu class or judo class or submission grappling

How long can u hold your breath?
      Nice to see you agreed with everything else I posted since you refused to reply to the talking points.

Secondly, I even gave you a link that said a choke hold cuts blood to the brain and oxygen to the lungs. This is a proven fact that's indisputable.

And again, if I shoot a guy named Lo Mein in the chest and he dies, would you say he died from the gun shot or internal bleeding?

Would you then blame Lo Mein for not surviving the gun shot wound for not being in adequate shape?
      Last edited by Easteurobox; 07-17-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Easteurobox View Post
        This is incorrect as you're clearly no medical doctor.

Grasping and clinging to air and getting tiny bits of words out is an indicator of being choked.

If your grandma is at a restaurant choking on steak, you will hear her saying "I'm choking" as she grasps for air while making weazing noises before passing out and dying.

Again, the NYPD doesn't go handing out 5.9 million dollars for no reason.
        I must ask you for source citations at this point. I don't do circular or attrition debate, so lets cut to the chase.

And fyi, though I am no doctor I have firsthand experience in this, both being choked myself and choking others. I did BJJ for several years.

That's a huge reason you 'tap out'. When you're in air chokes, you cant speak. You have to signal you're being choked by tapping, since you cant audibly communicate it.

Now if it's a blood choke, you can speak. But with a blood choke, you go unconscious in about 4 seconds.

But let's see what sourcing you put foreard.....
        Last edited by 1bad65; 07-17-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

If I shoot you in the stomach and you die.

Do you die from bleeding to death or do you die from being shot?

It amazes me at the attempts of semantics on this site.
          Applying basic science is hardly playing semantics.

Dont use big words you dont grasp, please.

Its annoying, shows ignorance, and shows an insecurity about one's ignorance.

Just speak normally, please.

Comment

Originally posted by NeloVsGGG-8 View Post
            Wasn’t this originally issued a homicide?

Rear naked chokes are no joke. If a malicious MMA fighter wanted to kill his opponent by a choke he could. You do it enough for a tap out and a good ref to separate as quickly as possible.

Just because the guy was obese doesn’t mean the cop had to use such excessive force. One could easily pass out.. or the body doesn’t know how to handle situation, given the guy’s health condition. One shock leads to the next.

But as many say, cops aren’t allowed to do such chokes.
            Dont spew ignorance.

As a BJJ practitioner, I know it's not possible to kill someone in the ring with an rnc, unless you try to and the referee and your own corner fell asleep.

You go unconscious in about 4 seconds if the choke is applied correctly.

At that point you are out. You arent struggling, and you certainly aren't screaming either.

You'd then have to hold the choke for a few minutes longer to kill someone.

You'll notice in thousands and thousands of MMA fights, with many ended by chokes, never has anyone died due to a choke.

Comment

Nice to see you agreed with everything else I posted since you refused to reply to the talking points.
              I've heard that exact line many times, by folks known for alts to be honest.

This isnt a battle of attrition.

It's a battle of facts.

Just because someone realizes going back and forth with you is a waste of their time does not mean you are correct and that he agrees with you.

This isn't a contest, and certainly not an attrition contest.

You claim to be new, so I had to explain to you a basic debate concept and how it applies here.

Comment

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokehold

Actually, It causes both air constriction, and restriction of blood flow to the brain
                Lmao!!!

I thought you didnt play semantics.

Seriously, this is actually an either/or scenario, not a both scenario.

You have both air and blood chokes. But each choke targets EITHER airflow OR blood flow.

The rear naked choke, which is being blamed here (falsely) is a blood choke.

A properly applied blood choke renders you unconscious in about 4 seconds.

Since Mr Garner was struggling alot longer than that even according to you, he wasnt being choked.

It is what it is.

That's medical science, coupled with years of firsthand experience.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  I must ask you for source citations at this point.
                  So now I have to post the definition of a chokehold for a supposed BJJ practitioner?

Let's look at the definition of choke:

"a tight grip around a person's neck, used to restrain them by restricting their breathing".

Action words are "restricting breathing".

Furthermore, let's look deeper at the definition of chokehold:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chokehold

is a general term for a grappling hold that critically reduces or prevents either air (choking)[2] or blood (strangling) from passing through the neck of an opponent. The restriction may be of one or both and depends on the hold used and the reaction of the victim. The lack of blood or air often leads to unconsciousness or even death if the hold is maintained.

So as you can see, the above definitions do in fact apply to what happen to Mr. Garner. In order to be choked, you do not have to have all the oxygen completely cut off, but just "restricted".

It's a shame I have to breakdown the definition of a choke hold to you as a "supposed" BJJ practitioner.

Now, when you say you do BJJ, are you referring to Blow Job because you know that doesn't count, right?

Comment

Just because someone realizes going back and forth with you is a waste of their time

Oh really, is that why he replied?

Now go ahead and "tap out" by placing me on ignore, Mr. BJJ... We know you're good at that.

Comment

You claim to be new, so I had to explain to you a basic debate concept and how it applies here.
                      Actually, it was me that had to apply the actual definition of a chokehold to you and what it can lead too.

All this when you're a supposed BJJ expert? Nice to know you're good at giving Blow Jobs and not grappling.

Comment

Working...
                      X