Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agility ladder or jump rope which is best?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agility ladder or jump rope which is best?

Which has the most transfer to boxing? Possibly both?

Originally posted by Beasting102 View Post
    Which has the most transfer to boxing? Possibly both?
    Rope, for many reasons... Improves footwork, rhythm, timing, conditioning, and is easier to quantify improvements.

The ladder is great too but for only some of those reasons above.

I personally have dedicated ladder/footwork/plyometric training sessions but skip rope every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Syphus View Post
      Rope, for many reasons... Improves footwork, rhythm, timing, conditioning, and is easier to quantify improvements.

The ladder is great too but for only some of those reasons above.

I personally have dedicated ladder/footwork/plyometric training sessions but skip rope every day.
      Would the agility ladder not be better for footwork training than skipping rope? My timing is decent, but my footwork needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by cv808 View Post
        Would the agility ladder not be better for footwork training than skipping rope? My timing is decent, but my footwork needs help.
        What do you think replicates boxing footwork better? Skipping rope in your boxing stance using a boxing rhythm or doing high knees down a line?

If you were advanced, I'd say maybe the latter but otherwise the former is probably better suited for now.

Having said that, are you sure you aren't just looking for someone to give you permission to stop skipping rope?

I know it's grueling as all hell and ladder work is much more fun but you might as well do both.

In my opinion

Comment

Calling me out on my crap LOL. Roger. Skipping rope it is.

Comment

Those are 2 different things: Rope is for timing, conditioning, rhythm... Agility ladder, as the name suggests, for the agility and explosiveness

Comment

Tried both today, much better with the jump rope IMO

Comment

I say the rope is more important

Comment

Jump rope....

Comment

Working...
                  X