Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo Wants To Be Undisputed, But Allegedly Vacated His WBC? No Andrade? No Charlo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
    If Canelo wanted to be undisputed, then why did he allegedly vacate his WBC title? No Andrade? No Charlo?
    Well, it's not alleged. It's a fact. Canelo is no longer the WBC world champion.

He seems to want GGG to have to go pick up a belt or two so they can have a unification fight. Juggling all of the belts isn't easy. Giving one up doesn't mean Canelo doesn't want to be undisputed. GGG gave one up too ya know.

Comment

another day on NSB where haters gather to talk ish about CANELO for decisions outside his control! "fuck canelo cause the wbc did this" "fuck canelo cause he won the fight on the judges card" etc etc psssh wake me when you fools can actually talk like men with substance behind yall statements.

Comment

He'll aim at undisputed when the time is right lol like Mayweather. He's picking fights when they most favor him. But if he fights Kovalev next at 175 that'll be impressive. Heck, even a fight with Callum Smith at 168 would be impressive. No catch weights, just the full divisional limits. I've never been a huge Canelo fan but I've always believed in second chances. Hope he stays clean and lives up to what he's said before. Sidenote: Give GGG that third fight!!

Comment

When Crawford became undisputed it was the result of the IBF pulling strings on his behalf by putting Indongo's mandatory opponent on hold and allowing Crawford first crack. The condition was that the winner should face the mandatory but instead Crawford opted to vacate and move up. If you have no problem with that situation then you should have no problem here. It's also funny how people weren't complaining when the WBC was pulling strings for GGG and screwed over Canelo in a level of BS that's unmatched.

Comment

I am happy he is not an American fighter! Sh.it is embarrassing!

Comment

Nicca Canelo done went from the belts don't matter, too I want to be the first ever Mexican Undisputed champion, back to vacating belts how that happened? 🤔

Comment

- -Let them Nancys fight each other and then Lady Lara.

Maybe Canelo throws the winner a bone.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  If I understand Canelo's 11 fight 350 million buck deal he gets the same 32 million or so a fight no matter who he fights so he doesn't make more or less money for fighting different guys. He can pick his fights without giving money any thought. Only DAZN need worry about how much money different fights make. Canelo gets his same big money no matter what.
                  Yes, his deal with DAZN guarantees him more money for fighting anyone. But let's say he loses his next two fights against stiff opposition. Does DAZN have to keep paying him for the remaining fights in his contract? Or can they bail? The WBC has removed the risk of that happening by creating a new Canelo division in which he's isolated from any threatening challengers ranked by the WBC. I'd love to see Canelo-Charlo but now that's not happening unless Canelo himself wants it.

Comment

I guess the only logical answer has gotta be a duck. Cause I haven't seen anything feasible I could believe otherwise. Can't nobody provide me a good reason why he vacated after saying he wanted to be undisputed.
                    Originally posted by THC View Post
                    The WBC doesn't want to upset their cash cow again; they stripped Canelo of the belt for not fighting GGG after the Cotto match. As a "franchise" belt holder, Canelo can now fight who he wants for more money. And Charlo, as the new MW super champion, becomes a pawn in a facade which provides the impression that mandatories are indeed being enforced. Win-win for the WBC.
                    Probably the most corrupt thing I've seen since I been following boxing more. In the old days this is why mandatories were created. This has to be against some sorta rule. I wonder if Charlo can sue.
                    Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                    Because no one actually cares about the Charlo fight over the other fights Canelo can be in and the WBC knows this so they want to keep their hand in Canelo’s pocket. Everyone knows Canelo is the WBC’s actual champ and that charlo never beat a champion for his belt nor did he really deserve the ranking..and he fights on the other side of the street.

People would rather see Canelo fight GGG (and if he loses, there will be a 4th), Callum at 168, Kovalev just to see if he really will do it, and even Andrade is preferred over Charlo because he’s at least on DAZN but people aren’t lining up to watch Canelo chase a man down all night.

Danny, GGG, and Canelo (the class of 160) are all fighting each other, meanwhile the other guys are trying to pick up stray titles fighting randoms and hoping to stay winning to land a shot. It is not Andrade’s fault BJS popped but as for Charlo? As a fan, I could care less because there are other fights I’d rather see than one where Canelo is already heavily favored against a man who’s never had a step up of that caliber and has yet to fight a great 160 pounder himself..who had the part time version of a belt he already owns. Canelo would vacate so quick because he’s shown he’s not exactly willing to bend to the WBC and the WBC knows this and knows he might be weight hopping anyway. They have to appease Charlo some way and really, this makes Charlo a non factor now and the division will likely just move on without him if hes not willing to cross the street to earn his stripes. Everyone knows that even if hes holding the full title, Canelo holds the full FULL title (ridiculous how the WBC just essentially made an interim champion into the complete..but still basically interm champion but with less benefits. Cant make this s hit up.)

I think Canelo or GGG will fight Andrade. They might not be excited over it but I dont see Andrade going without a big fight much longer. He’s in a great spot and just needs to not lose.
                    Idk cause I didn’t watch Charlo's last fight but before that I think to say there's many people that the public would rather see Canelo face or makes more sense isn't true. I think Canelo-Charlo in Texas is a great fight people would wanna see that does well financially. I think people would rather see that then Canelo-Smith or Canelo-Kovalev. I know Charlo isn't a big draw but sometimes it takes the right opponent.

Canelo would be coming forward but I don't think he'll have to chase Andrade down like Lara.

Danny only fought GGG cause it was ordered & GGG obliged that time. GGG hasn't even really expressed interest in fighting him again after controversially winning. I think Canelo slightly & Jacobs are the ones who deserve real credit for fighting the top guys.
                    Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I don't think Canelo gives a damn about being undisputed middleweight champ and that stuff about GGG must beat Andrade to get a fight with him was just an excuse not to fight him. If GGG had defeated Andrade I don't think Canelo would have fought him. Oscar and Canelo don't want to risk a third fight with GGG period. Canelo can become undisputed middleweight fight with one fight and that is to fight the WBO middleweight champ next whoever that might be. He could do that but I don't think he will. He only talks about fights at 168 and 175. Maybe making 160 is hard for him now and he is done with middleweight.
                    So we just given him a pass for saying he wanted to be undisputed then vacating belts?
                    He gave up the WBC apparently so him fighting Andrade can't be for undisputed..

If that's the case it sounds like a duck honestly but I rather hear he's having trouble making weight more than anything else. Even tho he hasn't even fought at 160 for 2 full years.
                    Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
                    If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck it’s a duck.
                    SMFH
                    Originally posted by thecomedian2 View Post
                    Canelo is "Undesputed", "Unified" and "Lineal" MW champion, the only one disputing that are a bunch of Salty GGG fangirls..
                    Knew you had to be talking about something else. That's a different undisputed than what I know.
                    Originally posted by DARTH SILKWORMS View Post
                    Well, it's not alleged. It's a fact. Canelo is no longer the WBC world champion.

He seems to want GGG to have to go pick up a belt or two so they can have a unification fight. Juggling all of the belts isn't easy. Giving one up doesn't mean Canelo doesn't want to be undisputed. GGG gave one up too ya know.
                    I wanted to be politically correct to some extent in case anyone had any information I may have missed out on. I just wanted to be as accurate as possible.

If you give up a belt it absolutely means you don't want to be undisputed wdym. GGG chose money over legacy & has been acting like a diva since.
                    Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!. View Post
                    another day on NSB where haters gather to talk ish about CANELO for decisions outside his control! "fuck canelo cause the wbc did this" "fuck canelo cause he won the fight on the judges card" etc etc psssh wake me when you fools can actually talk like men with substance behind yall statements.
                    "I can't believe niccas believe niccas its really getting to the point I can't believe niccas all that dick riding y'all you should see niccas and with all that dick riding y'all, y'all shouldnt be niccas" I think that's a great quote that describes you & what you post. Lol about you talking about "men"
                    Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                    He'll aim at undisputed when the time is right lol like Mayweather.
                    Which means never cause Floyd was never undisputed.
                    Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
                    When Crawford became undisputed it was the result of the IBF pulling strings on his behalf by putting Indongo's mandatory opponent on hold and allowing Crawford first crack. The condition was that the winner should face the mandatory but instead Crawford opted to vacate and move up. If you have no problem with that situation then you should have no problem here. It's also funny how people weren't complaining when the WBC was pulling strings for GGG and screwed over Canelo in a level of BS that's unmatched.
                    You serious? The IBF which is the best sanctioning body was giving the people what they wanted. I don't even see how the situation is the same especially with Canelo saying he wanted the "WBO champ & all the belts."

WBC pulling strings for GGG? Screwing over Canelo? Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
                      Which means never cause Floyd was never undisputed.
                      The Franchise belt is ridiculous. It's nothing more than boxing politics.

Comment

Working...
                      X