Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will rank higher in history: Canelo or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're probably about even right now but it'll be hard to rank Canelo since he popped twice.

I'd like to see the rubber match before the end of year. Both of them need to throw caution to the wind and go for the kill. No more of this friendly, respectful crap cuz their last two fights were duds.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
      I personally dont get why you hate GGG so much that you refuse to live in reality man.

I get the whole "resume" argument but you have two huge problems with your thinking.

1. If two fighters never fought each other then maybe you could use a resume argument, but they canelo/GGG did fight and their resumes had nothing to do with the outcome.

If someone who was objective took your argument at face value, "resume proves how good a fighter is" then Canelo should have won a clear landslide victory according to you theory. But that is false. Canelo Barely scraped by twice with controversy staining the entire thing, you know the shebang, sketchy score cards and a PED scandal, and that's a 27-28 Year old IN HIS PRIME vs a 36-37 year old GGG.

And then you got problems with everywhere else in your argument too.

Being a champion in boxing is no different than playing king of the hill. It didnt matter who GGG pushed off because its completely negated by the fact no one pushed him off. He didnt move up and cherry pick titles like everyone else. He proved he was the best at his weight. Let me ask you how many guys on these forums say, a boxers weight is one that they can make. GGG can make 160 with no problem so what's the problem? He didnt live up to YOURexpectations? GGG ain't living his life to please you js.

He was the champion for so damn long and held so many of the belts for so damn long that he couldnt possibly have faced any champions because he was the champion.

I laugh though how you claim that Serigo was top dog until 2014. Literally you're just telling me the history of the WBC because it's the only argument that fits your agenda.

Now read this part closely because it's pretty funny.

You're gonna tell me that:

Sergio who lost to a blown up Cotto would have beat GGG right?

And then Cotto, who you what, also believe would beat GGG, paid GGG step aside money, because he thought GGG was too easy and wanted Canelo.

And Canelo who never fought at 160 was a better MW then GGG despite the fact he, one, never fought at MW until Cotto, dropped the WBC belt so he didnt have to fight GGG, and then fought at a weight limit above MW?

Nothing but agenda. I asked you to name some MWs better than GGG and you got nothing. Canelo didnt even fight as a MW until 2017. His "defining victory " was over a blown up shot Cotto who gave GGG step aside money and that makes him the best at
      MW right despite the fight being at 155lbs?

And you're telling me that Sergio, who lost to that blown up Cotto, who paid GGG step aside money and what, would have won?

Come on. Quit lying.
      When Golovkin and Martinez were at the point that a fight was emminent Martinez was hurt. He had come off several surgeries and his knee was a mess. His manager flat out said I'm not going to put my guy in the ring with a monster like Golovkin. Subsequently Cotto fought Martinez and stopped him early. Martinez was a fun fighter to watch in his prime but he wasn't prime at that time in his career. Golovkin destroys that version of Martinez.
      Last edited by TonyGe; 07-14-2019, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I can't believe the second fight won fight of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
          After 2 close fights, if there's no 3rd fight, history will show Alvarez wasn't willing to fight a 3rd time.
          Fans will see this according to their bias.
          Either Alvarez's agenda didn't include Golovkin or that he ducked.
          1 - Those 24 rds with Nelo are the best things to ever happen to GGG. Gave him a shltload of money he NEVER would have seen and gave his own resume a much needed boost. Nelo is onto bigger better challenges. Guys with belts at stake.

2 - Biases go both ways. Thing is, Nelo has earned his praise. GGG was gifted them by all of those ko's vs subpar opposition.

3 - How can a person be a duck if he faced that guy 2x in a row ?!?!? Someone is a lil biased....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            When Golovkin and Martinez were at the point that a fight was emminent Martinez was hurt. He had come off several surgeries and his knee was a mess. His manager flat out said I'm not going to put my guy in the ring with a monster like Golovkin. Subsequently Cotto fought Martinez and stopped him early. Martinez was a fun fighter to watch in his prime but he wasn't prime at that time in his career. Golovkin destroys that version of Martinez.
            Yes. Martinez was on the downhill but all these resume junkies who act like resume alone proves a boxers validity is crazy. I think GGG would beat Martinez in his prime but injuries slowed him and a GGG win over him we couldnt even argue was a good win. Just like Canelo beating a blown up Cotto. Names arent everything but they only argue when its convenient.

Comment

Working...
            X