No announcement yet.

Better resume: Canelo or Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VAGAB0ND View Post
    True, but many people consider Canelo's biggest wins draws or even losses, whereas Golovkin is slaughtering his opponents.

Canelo gets s**t on for being in close fights and Golovkin gets s**t on for knocking out opponents early. I don't get it.
    Sometimes you're in close fights when you fight good opposition. He fought Lara who many didn't think he'd fight and squeezed out a win. He beat Trout who beat Cotto at Cotto's best weight. Legitimately beat up Angulo, fought Mayweather, Mosley (shot version) and Josesito Lopez.

He fought the likes of Matthew Hatton and Ryan Rhodes when he was 21 years old. Honestly, they're on a similar kind of european type level as Stevens and Adama and those guys.

Daniel Geale was a good fighter, but he wasn't really that good and Macklin is certainly nothing special either.

Comment

Canelo, obviously. However, all those guys that Canelo has struggled with, Golovkin would beat much more convincingly, most likely stop them.

And by "all" I mean Floyd too

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
        Canelo, obviously. However, all those guys that Canelo has struggled with, Golovkin would beat much more convincingly, most likely stop them.

Of course, he's bigger and probably also better. He's a beast.

But he needs to prove it against the best (when the best gets the balls)

Comment

I was just going to mention that. I think Golovkin beats everybody on Canelo's resume (don't know about Mayweather though), but I also think Canelo beats everybody on Golovkin's resume.

Comment

A middleweight should beat a welterweight so GGG beating Mayweather is not something special....he'd outweigh him 20-30 pounds

This isn't fantasy matchups...A world class middleweight should beat smaller world class fighters, that's why we have weight classes.

Its like me saying Ward would beat GGG's opposition more convincingly...you are suppose to beat smaller fighters.

GGG hasn't fought them or anyone considered elite so you just cant assume he can cause he looks good against subpar or decent fighters.\

You find out what a fighter is made of when his opposition gets stiffer.

Comment

I accidently Voted GGG, But meant to pick Canelo with that being said. GGG is much better then Canelo, And GGG beats all of Canelos competition much easier with the exception of FMJ who I think GGG is capable of beating.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Of course, he's bigger and probably also better. He's a beast.

But he needs to prove it against the best (when the best gets the balls)
                Stop with this "he's bigger" nonsense. They're the same size.

Comment

So it seems like the consensus at this point is that Canelo has the better resume, but Golovkin is better than Canelo P4P. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    A middleweight should beat a welterweight so GGG beating Mayweather is not something special....he'd outweigh him 20-30 pounds

This isn't fantasy matchups...A world class middleweight should beat smaller world class fighters, that's why we have weight classes.

Its like me saying Ward would beat GGG's opposition more convincingly...you are suppose to beat smaller fighters.

GGG hasn't fought them or anyone considered elite so you just cant assume he can cause he looks good against subpar or decent fighters.\

You find out what a fighter is made of when his opposition gets stiffer.
                    Not that I'm agreeing with what's been said, but tbf, Canelo, Trout, Lara and Angulo all blow up to similar (and sometimes the same) fight night weights as Golovkin, so it's not like he'd be fighting smaller men. It wouldn't be the same with Ward as no one Golovkin has fought has been as big as Andre. So it's not quite the same. And as I've said, I'm not taking sides on that debate, just figured I'd throw that out there.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost#1 View Post
                      I accidently Voted GGG, But meant to pick Canelo with that being said. GGG is much better then Canelo, And GGG beats all of Canelos competition much easier with the exception of FMJ who I think GGG is capable of beating.
                      woulda, shoulda, coulda proves nothing

the thread starter asked a simple question...not who we think are better

We don't know anything until he faces them or better competition in the ring...Lara, and Trout are no easy outs at 154 and 160

GGG isn't exactly knocking out world beaters or pound for pound types like Ward, Froch, Hopkins, or Mayweather at 160...not hard for a guy that good to look good at the level of fighter he faces.

Comment

Working...
                      X