Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that some fights are fixed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think that some fights are fixed?

I have been a lifelong boxing fan. i love the sport and all of the styles. But it has crept in my mind that some of these fights are shams with the latest being Canelo v Jacobs. It didn't seem quite right to me. There have been others as well. have you ever had any of these same feelings about some fights. Disclaimer I am a Canelo fan so I am not hating on him.

i think taking a dive is a lot less common than it used to be. cameras are too good, broadcasters have too many angles, people can just flat out tell what is going on.

but the "fix" with judges, refs, dillian white style drug testing and glove tampering [potential loading for all we know,] is still definitely still a thing

Comment

100%. I don't think it's the fighters themselves though, I think they are unaware when their promoter/manager/somebody higher up does something crooked in their favour.

Comment

there has been fixed fights over the years. not a high profile one but Tommy Coyle vs Martin gethin looked very suspicious to me

both fighters don't need to be in on the fix. it only takes one guy to pace himself well enough to lose a decision . it's probably more likely in a journeyman vs prospect fight than a high profile one

Comment

Yes

Historically speaking, which era is above fixed fights? None? Y'all reckon we special? The fans didn't know fixed fights were fixed, for the most part, we have no reason to believe this is an especially clean era. Especially since everyone gets popped once a week for roids.

Comment

I think a few are fixed but that many are influenced.

There is a lot of money in boxing, more if the right guy wins.

Comment

Are we talking like Charles Martin selling his belt to Eddie Hearn. Wisest investment either of them ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Wurider View Post
                I have been a lifelong boxing fan. i love the sport and all of the styles. But it has crept in my mind that some of these fights are shams with the latest being Canelo v Jacobs. It didn't seem quite right to me. There have been others as well. have you ever had any of these same feelings about some fights. Disclaimer I am a Canelo fan so I am not hating on him.
                What makes you think the Canelo-Jacobs fight was fixed??
                You think Jacob's won???

Comment

I think there were lots of fixed fights especially during the late 1800s up to 1930s... Not saying that there were none afterwards...

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    I think a few are fixed but that many are influenced.

There is a lot of money in boxing, more if the right guy wins.
                    Yes, by the commentators & media just like they do with golovkin

Comment

Working...
                    X