Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ngumbu is coming off...(the best) win of his career, Yoann Kongolo." Is he good?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ngumbu is coming off...(the best) win of his career, Yoann Kongolo." Is he good?

This is Gvozdyk's next opponent. He just beat "then unbeaten Yoan Kongolo" according to boxingscene article. Is that good? Is he good? Are they good?

He's not good.

Comment

He's a tough guy, but doesn't have a lot of power. I've only seen his fight against Fonfara where he won a few rounds by being very agressive and thew a lot of wide and awkward looking punches. Not sure if he always fights that way. I give him no chance vs Gvozdyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        This is Gvozdyk's next opponent. He just beat "then unbeaten Yoan Kongolo" according to boxingscene article. Is that good? Is he good? Are they good?
        https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6b9jij

Comment

He also took Bilal Laggounes 0...but he is European level, not close to world level. Slightly worse than Mikhalkin, who Kov fought.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
            He also took Bilal Laggounes 0...but he is European level, not close to world level. Slightly worse than Mikhalkin, who Kov fought.
            LMAO Slightly?

I mean...You do know Mikhalkin and this 8 loss BUM fought already right? Do you know who won the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              LMAO Slightly?

I mean...You do know Mikhalkin and this 8 loss BUM fought already right? Do you know who won the fight?
              Yes I'm well aware...I actually watched their last fight. I thought it was a clear victory for Mikhalkin but Ngumbu is not a total bum. I said slightly worse because Mikhalkin has a MD and a SD win over Ngumbu although I haven't seen those...only watched their 3rd fight, which was competitive.

Comment

He's the epitome of European level, but he's tough and has a good chin. Has lost 3 times to Mikhalkin

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                  Yes I'm well aware...I actually watched their last fight. I thought it was a clear victory for Mikhalkin but Ngumbu is not a total bum. I said slightly worse because Mikhalkin has a MD and a SD win over Ngumbu although I haven't seen those...only watched their 3rd fight, which was competitive.
                  Bro there is zero reason or excuse for Gvodzyk the WBC champ to be defending his title against this dude.

People shat on Stevenson's defenses but I don't think you can name me one fighter Adonis defended his title against who was worse than this Ngumu guy.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    Bro there is zero reason or excuse for Gvodzyk the WBC champ to be defending his title against this dude.

People shat on Stevenson's defenses but I don't think you can name me one fighter Adonis defended his title against who was worse than this Ngumu guy.
                    I think he is not too far off from guys like Karpency and Sukhotskiy, probably just as good in skill but tougher and more durable than them. But yeah I'm not saying this is a good matchup man...it's very weak. But to put things into perspective, he is a tough durable guy who is decent at a level just below world level and has taken some undefeated fighters 0's.

Comment

Working...
                    X