No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Smith is Open To Moving Up To Fight Sergey Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    So what is he going to do after this fight? Stay or Leave?
    I’m not too sure, but from what I understand part of the purse guarantee for fighting AJ is you agree a deal over several fights that’s why we’ve seen Takam-Chisora, Parker-Whyte etc. I don’t know how many fights it includes though tbh.
    Hearn is also now working with World of Boxing who promote Povetkin so he is likely working with Matchroom for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
      Would be a good fight, Smith has the frame to fight at 175 and i think he would move up sooner or later anyway when he can't make weight anymore.
      He is a fully grown 28 year old man. Men usually don't grow at that age. He could probably spend the rest of his career at 168 if he wanted to if he has no problem making 168 now.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
        Why the f would Kovalev want to fight him anyway? What's the upside?

Kovalev needs to focus on unifying.
        You are right. There is no upside for Kovalev. He would just be beating a smaller champion when he has light heavyweight champions to fight for much more credit if he wins. Kovalev said he wants to unify 175 but I think Bivol would beat him. Bivol said he might drop to 168 to fight Smith some day.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          I’m not too sure, but from what I understand part of the purse guarantee for fighting AJ is you agree a deal over several fights that’s why we’ve seen Takam-Chisora, Parker-Whyte etc. I don’t know how many fights it includes though tbh.
          Hearn is also now working with World of Boxing who promote Povetkin so he is likely working with Matchroom for the foreseeable future.
          Good Stuff! Much appreciated!

Comment

Gallagher saying he wants Kovalev-Smith knowing both fights for different networks. Why not Smith fight Bivol? They're both with Hearn/DAZN. Gallagher's full of dung.

Comment

Here is a concept, why dont Smith go to 175 and Ramirez go to 175 and maybe a deal can be worked out where they can unify WBO and WBA 168 titles but fight at 175. It seems they are both looking for the same thing but both need to move up to get it? Tell you what, we can all pretend it's for the 168 title if that's what it takes. Can't get more rediculous! Uh maybe it can..

Comment

Yeah they don’t want none of Usyk. I think he’s a major problem for anyone at HW.
                Whyte saying no one knows who he is is such a stupid statement, even the casuals over here know who he is, he just fought Bellew on PPV over here😂😂
                And that fight sold more PPVs than Whyte vs Chisora.

Comment

I’ve heard from a friend of mine who has it on good authority that it was lower than what he received for Chisora. Obviously without me confirming my source that doesn’t prove anything, but I 100% believe what he has told me is true.

I think he’ll end up fighting Povetkin. Matchroom have options on his next fight and I completely agree on Brezeale he’s gonna demand a high price to put his WBC mandatory position on the line.
                  Whyte is fighting a PR war against AJ so he only wants to talk about the first offer he recieved. It has been increased twice and the last offer included a guaranteed 50/50 split if there was a rematch.

Matchroom don't have options on Dillian's next fight. He signs with them for one fight at a time and he is a free agent right now. Both Whyte and Hearn confirmed that.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 02-08-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Smith beats him. But let me guess, cause hes british if he wins its only because kovalev is 'old', it never counts when a uk fighter gets a good win.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                      Krusher would beat him imo. Smith wouldn't have his usual size advantage.
                      Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                      Not the usual one but he'd still probably be bigger
                      Smith would have 2.5 inch height and 6 inch reach advantage over Kovalev. That's how big he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X