Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dillian Whyte: In a Rematch, I Would Knock Anthony Joshua Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batfink View Post
    Dillian Whyte would do better to sign with a different promotor. I think matchroom are suffering from dis economies of scale and hence cannot do the best by all their stable particularly the ones within the same weight category.

Whyte vs Chisora II should never have happened in my opinion because Whyte had very little to gain and this was a lazy and easy promotion by matchroom. I believe it was heavily financially motivated to reduce the numbers for BT Sport.

In other words matchroom don’t have Dillian Whytes best interests at heart and their focus is AJ.

Whyte has plenty of fights he can take and earn a decent living by clearing up the B class opponents. However Matchroom would prefer pitching those B opponents against AJ to pull in the bigger numbers so immediatly there is a conflict of interest.

Why put Whyte in against a top B class opponent when they can put AJ there and get more money. Whyte requires better management and should leave matchroom for a promotion company that will support his ambition. In order to force his fight with AJ he needs to remove the other potential fights that AJ could make so in my view Whyte should forget AJ and go USA to fight Miller/Jennings or Pulev in UK to eliminate a possible future AJ opponent and thereby placing himself in the prime position for a title shot.
    With the whole BT clash thing the venue and that was booked way before Warrington Frampton, they was just securing opponents plus it doesn't make much financial sense to deliberately crash the date.

Whyte has done fine so far becoming PPV fighter under matchroom and fighting guys like Chisora its what raises your stock especially as Chisora is the most known in the UK from the above mentioned and the hype from the first fight making that bout the most marketable out of the lot for Whyte. Also I doubt the other guys fight Whyte without being paid mega bucks as they are already in the que for the AJ payday, so Whyte would have got a smaller split of a smaller pot.

Do you really not think Whyte is going to be AJ's next oponent? I'd bet money that he is, AJ has always wanted it, and he seems to have a good relationship with Hearn so I think he'll be likely to get a fair deal (not priced out) and Wembley is booked with no Khan v Brook to step in. Also he is first in line for the WBO mando due end of the year, I think, so doesn't need to force much if it wasn't next.

He looks to be in a good position to me.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      Whyte is nobody's *****. He is his own manager and he turned himself into a PPV star despite getting KOd early in his career.

You clearly don't know about the guy.
      He is still listed in Hearn's stable at Matchroom. Did he do a Mikey and go independant ? I guess the website not updated yet.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
        He is still listed in Hearn's stable at Matchroom. Did he do a Mikey and go independant ? I guess the website not updated yet.
        Whyte is his own manager, lots of Matchroom fighters manage themselves. Whyte has brought himself back into contention by taking risks, Hearn's provided the risky opportunities. Whyte could have taken the path of least resistance back to a title that a lot seem to like to these days. But he didnt and has turned himself into an unlikely PPV seller

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
          Whyte is his own manager, lots of Matchroom fighters manage themselves. Whyte has brought himself back into contention by taking risks, Hearn's provided the risky opportunities. Whyte could have taken the path of least resistance back to a title that a lot seem to like to these days. But he didnt and has turned himself into an unlikely PPV seller
          Would Whyte be even considered if he wasn't with Matchroom? I mean he is not a mandatory refused to fight in eliminators and brings nothing in terms of money

Whyte would rematch Parker under normal circumstances not get a title shot but lucky for him they're under the same promotion and Hearns get to keep it in house

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Would Whyte be even considered if he wasn't with Matchroom? I mean he is not a mandatory refused to fight in eliminators and brings nothing in terms of money

Whyte would rematch Parker under normal circumstances not get a title shot but lucky for him they're under the same promotion and Hearns get to keep it in house
            Whyte brings the most money outside of Fury and Wilder. Financially Whyte doesnt have to fight Joshua next, he'll have opportunities for other PPVs if he doesnt get the Joshua fight next.

Hes had the best run of wins outside the top 3, well tbh outside of Joshua. Suppose he could have just fought guys like Martz, Cojanu and Kauffman, and waited for someone to toss him a bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Whyte brings the most money outside of Fury and Wilder. Financially Whyte doesnt have to fight Joshua next, he'll have opportunities for other PPVs if he doesnt get the Joshua fight next.

Hes had the best run of wins outside the top 3, well tbh outside of Joshua. Suppose he could have just fought guys like Martz, Cojanu and Kauffman, and waited for someone to toss him a bone.
              I know that's the narrative they're building Whyte is improved he fought 3 hellacious monsters in Browne, Parker and Chisora but don't know if people are buying it.
              We already know the outcome of the fight there is no interest in it I mean would DAZN even buy the rights?
              There is a reason why they are considering other options and that's because it's a hard sell

Comment

Whyte has improved but so has joshua he will flatten whyte again hes simply the better of the 2.

Comment

Meh who knows, dunno about KO but he might stun/buckle Joshua again like in their first fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    I like Dillian Whyte and he does deserve a title shot but the result will be the same. I only like seeing rematches if the first fight was closely contested.

So AJ vs Breazeale 2 , no thank you AJ vs Whyte, No! Wilder vs Ortiz 2 ? Why not Ortiz will probably win the rematch and Wilder vs Fury, Wilder loses again but Wilder fans are up in arms because Fury gets knocked down 3 times in the fight. Wilder is appealing the decision due to illegal hypnotism
                    Lol you came on here just to talk about wilder? Cmon... worry about aj... and his lack of competition as of lately that’s got most of his fans talking **** and jumping ship... we all know wilders flaws bud. But sometime the best thing to do is point the finger inward.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                      Without getting your knickers in a twist can you please explain how that’s possible when the amount wilder earned for the fury fight was LESS than the flat fee offer aj gave to wilder? You know the terrible offer you all cried about. Surely if they elevated their profiles beyond aj they’d be making comparable money and aj wouldn’t make the same as both of them combined from one fight, against a b level opponent in povetkin, right?
                      So your ideal is popularity = more money... uhhhh rethink this bud.. Pac-Man wasn’t making as much as Floyd and he was probably more loved.. same with a lot of other pairs out there... it’s usually the less liked fighter that’s making the money lol villains make money.

Comment

Working...
                      X