Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you fight a bear in full Knight's armor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    My buddy Steve, grew up in Kodiack Alaska, and he told me never underestimate the power or intelligence of a grizzly.

I saw two videos years ago.

1. Guy lived among bears in the wild, got killed with his girl friend by a grizzly
    2. Guy build body armor to fight with grizzly bears, and I don’t remember how that one turned out.
    I had to read that book about Timothy Treadwell in college and it was bonkers! That guy was badass but crazy at the same time! I saw a photo of what I think was him after the bear was finished and it was disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post

look at this cute ass mafk.
      Nice cute bear!

Here’s the sounds of grizzly man getting killed in his tent by his favorite bear buddy.

Warning screaming. True story Herthog directed this, or edited it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhi-gBIJhAU

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        I had to read that book about Timothy Treadwell in college and it was bonkers! That guy was badass but crazy at the same time! I saw a photo of what I think was him after the bear was finished and it was disturbing.
        That the guy, yeah Treadwell. His girl got killed too.
        It was chucks of human remains left.

But, treadwell went like he wanted to! The directors voice was irritating.

Comment

In 1999, a 69 year old man killed a 750 lb. Kodiak bear with nothing more than a $30 folding Buck knife. I wouldn't recommend it though. With or without armor. The armor will only make you less mobile and agile, but, you might get the last lick in when the bear shyts you out in the woods and cuts his azzhole on the shredded armor.

Comment

Just give me a couple bags of marshmallows and that bear would love me long time.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
              bears can tank rifle rounds before dying, they're strong as ****. stopping a bear dead in its tracks with a stab wound is unlikely. $500k to perform a miracle? no way. i want mayweather money.
              For real. Unless it’s an actual kill shot with a proper caliber (like, if youre hidden or far), the hope is the bullet shatters its shoulder to keep it from charging. Even headshots are considered unreliable in a charge scenario because of the density of their skills.

A spear is a legit choice because you can get it to impale itself (best case Scenario, theyve been hunted that way) and then fetal position/stop moving and hope the armor holds up til it dies and he doesnt break your neck.

A smaller black bear I’d consider taking my chances with the sword but a grizzly? Heeellll no.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                In 1999, a 69 year old man killed a 750 lb. Kodiak bear with nothing more than a $30 folding Buck knife. I wouldn't recommend it though. With or without armor. The armor will only make you less mobile and agile, but, you might get the last lick in when the bear shyts you out in the woods and cuts his azzhole on the shredded armor.
                I've read bear spray is a very effective deterrent, second maybe to only military grade fully automatic rifles. Bears' phenomenal sense of smell really backfires on them when someone sprays bear spray all over their face!

Comment

I've read bear spray is a very effective deterrent, second maybe to only military grade fully automatic rifles. Bears' phenomenal sense of smell really backfires on them when someone sprays bear spray all over their face!
                  It is effective, but if the wind is blowing back in your face you'll get a blast of it yourself. Game over. Much better off with a chest-holstered .44 magnum at a minimum. A charging grizzly will cover about 30 feet per second, not a lot of time to get rounds off accurately. You'd probably be better off saving a bullet for yourself to end it quicker.

Comment

If you were offered $500,000 to fight a grizzly bear and were allowed to wear full knight's armor with a sword, shield, and one of the metal spike balls on the chain, would you do it?

Also, you would receive one month of training from a professional knight before you fought the bear.
                    Yeah but instead of weapons training I'd practice running in the full get up at least 5 sessions a day to get the fuk out of there. I'm from England I've never seen a bear in my life I'd literally **** my pants if I see one let alone fight it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                      Nice cute bear!

Here’s the sounds of grizzly man getting killed in his tent by his favorite bear buddy.

Warning screaming. True story Herthog directed this, or edited it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhi-gBIJhAU
                      i thought the family had the tape destroyed. damn!

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                      For real. Unless it’s an actual kill shot with a proper caliber (like, if youre hidden or far), the hope is the bullet shatters its shoulder to keep it from charging. Even headshots are considered unreliable in a charge scenario because of the density of their skills.

A spear is a legit choice because you can get it to impale itself (best case Scenario, theyve been hunted that way) and then fetal position/stop moving and hope the armor holds up til it dies and he doesnt break your neck.

A smaller black bear I’d consider taking my chances with the sword but a grizzly? Heeellll no.
                      i'm looking for this video of a brown bear charging full speed at some hunters who are lighting it up. the bear eventually loses its footing midway and tumbles over. i think they might have hit its shoulder like you said. crazy footage.

Comment

Working...
                      X