Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people love PBC but hate Hearn's new venture?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen anyone hating on it apart from Boxnation fan AKA Frank warren (Poster on here).

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Who is hating Haymon?

Oh no.. free/affordable championship boxing! how dares he.

His idea failed, so be it. That's why PBC are showing a lot less fights.

Hearn has come in with bigger budget - So we can get to see Spence, Charlos, Wilder, Thurman, Porter, Garcia, M Garcia etc etc 3 times a year each!

On average they fight once a year currently.
      I hope it works out, lets see how it goes

Comment

is hearn going to include a show as good as Billions on his streaming network? if he does I will subscribe

Comment

It's ******ed to hate on either project.

Crazy how people have gone from boxing fans to promoter/network/manager fans.

I support good fights, idgaf who puts it on

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            No I don't, and I never do because I don't have a personal problem with anyone.

And if I do mention posters, they'll come and quote something they said 5 years ago that was mildly critical.

Go and check in the thread and come back. DYOR
            It's not about a personal problem, it's about backing up your assertion with facts. There are not that many "pro PBC" people on NSB so this should be easy.

Further, the ones that I know haven't been hating on Hearn.

Comment

I really haven't seen any hate on it. The only criticism I have seen is people asking what fighters he will have as well as saying if he doesn't bulk up that stable no way are they paying 20 bucks a month for what will amount to ESPN friday night fights. I agree with that

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                It's ******ed to hate on either project.

Crazy how people have gone from boxing fans to promoter/network/manager fans.

I support good fights, idgaf who puts it on
                Good post!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Then the TS should be able to post the names. He didn't, which is why I asked.

We need to know the posters to be sure they "loved PBC" as the TS asserts. Otherwise, it seems like just fake stuff to trigger people.
                  I don't see a correlation with PBC, but do see a bit of nationalistic pride going on, and posters who have previously expressed disdain for Hearn. It's all a bit pathetic really.

This is big news for boxing, and for sports. I will get access to sports that I previously had limited access to. Also more boxing shows, I will see what the content is like for the first few months, and if I'm satisfied, I will swap it over for my Boxnation subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    I don't see a correlation with PBC, but do see a bit of nationalistic pride going on, and posters who have previously expressed disdain for Hearn. It's all a bit pathetic really.

This is big news for boxing, and for sports. I will get access to sports that I previously had limited access to. Also more boxing shows, I will see what the content is like for the first few months, and if I'm satisfied, I will swap it over for my Boxnation subscription.
                    Yeah, there is always national pride going on. In retrospect, that is the point Laced Up seemed to be making.

FWIW, I have no issue with Hearn's deal and I can't see why anyone would other than the monthly fee, which would be on top of the monthly fee paid for cable and/or streaming service.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Yeah, there is always national pride going on. In retrospect, that is the point Laced Up seemed to be making.

FWIW, I have no issue with Hearn's deal and I can't see why anyone would other than the monthly fee, which would be on top of the monthly fee paid for cable and/or streaming service.
                      Agreed.

Everyone is assuming the price point is going to be $20, let's wait and see. The other thing is obviously there is no contract, so you can dip in and out depending on what fights are on.

Comment

Working...
                      X