Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't Keith Thurman pursue a fight with Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why doesn't Keith Thurman pursue a fight with Manny Pacquiao?

Why not fight him this year?
    Thurman is young, in his prime, and Pacquiao is at the final stages of his career. Wouldn't it be an opportune moment for Thurman to fight Pacquiao this year in an unification fight?

IN ORDER TO BE A LEGEND, YOU GOTTA BEAT A LEGEND!

If he beats him, it would be a true passing of the torch moment.

It would be similar passing of the torch moment when Pacquiao beat de la Hoya but in this case, Thurman beating Pacquao.

So why not seize the moment, aim for the stars and fight Pacquiao and take his belt?
    Last edited by tommyg6; 04-02-2017, 07:30 AM.

He's called out Pacman numerous times, including a few days ago

Comment

pacman is too busy cherrypicking.

Comment

I don't think Pac is at the stage in his career where he wants to take on the young guys like One Time. Vargas is another story as he isn't on that level. Horn on the other hand is ripe for picking

Comment

Arum doesn't want the fight. When he was trying to get Broner, Arum said hell no to Thurman

Comment

I think because honestly, out of the young/younger fighters in boxing i think he starches Keith, Terence and Adrien. Difference is that, Terence has the tenacity of i want to be great. Keith has the tenacity of i want to be great. Adrien has more of POV where he just wants to look good doing something people can marvel at him for participating in. Which is what Manny wants at this stage of his career. If anything can happen in boxing, you at least know that the guys who want to be the best, will push you harder than guys who just want fame and adoration.

Comment

He probably is trying to get a fight with Pacquiao. Arum has a lot to do with who Pacquiao fights. I think Thurman is advised by Haymon. I think Arum doesn't really wants Pacquiao to fight Haymon's fighters.

Comment

It's the best fight Pacquiao could make. Thurman is arguably a bigger draw than Crawford and it's a welterweight unification (altho Pac has never struck me as a guy that cares about paying more sanctioning fees). I just think Thurman knows how unlikely it is and so he doesn't waste his time calling to the wind. Thurman never got his shot at Floyd as the mandatory, probably won't get Pac either, but he's doing the right things making fights with quality guys like Porter and Garcia - he's pursuing meaningful fights one way or another.

Comment

Arum controls whoever pacquiao fights. Pacquiao's too busy with his political career, he doesn't even know where he stands in boxing right now. Arum discusses the purses and pacquiao agrees, he's probably too lazy to know the other details. It's not about his legacy at this point. Arum is just milking whatever's left in pacquiao and there's a huge chance Keith takes that away. So he'd rather make the higher percentage win in horn, that'll push pacquiao for 3-4 more fights like that.

Same way arum didn't want the mayweather fight for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravado View Post
                    I think because honestly, out of the young/younger fighters in boxing i think he starches Keith, Terence and Adrien. Difference is that, Terence has the tenacity of i want to be great. Keith has the tenacity of i want to be great. Adrien has more of POV where he just wants to look good doing something people can marvel at him for participating in. Which is what Manny wants at this stage of his career. If anything can happen in boxing, you at least know that the guys who want to be the best, will push you harder than guys who just want fame and adoration.

Manny ain't starching ****.
                    When was the last time he had a KO?????????????

Why didn't he starch Jesse Vargas ...Algeri...and Rios..??

If Arum felt Manny had a chance in hell against Thurman he'd make the fight.

There is a reason he's fight Jeff Horn.

Comment

Working...
                    X