Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Adrian Broner fighting Rees???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because Burns is ducking him and Abril is fighting for the belt in March. Stay busy fight, nothing more nothing less.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      No seriously, it is a level.

The European Title is a level. It even has a ranking system for it.

When someone wins and defends the European Title they are currently fighting at "European level".

Which Gavin Rees has done many times. He's also fought at World Level.
      Those are labels we use. If that were the case then the IBF, WBA and WBC are levels too. They all have their own rankings too. Don't save him please. We refer to it as a level at times but its rather disrespectfu in most instances. If its a level then I would love to hear what you have to do to qualify. Is it a lower level in a literal sense or objectively labeled by boxing?

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Those are labels we use. If that were the case then the IBF, WBA and WBC are levels too. They all have their own rankings too. Don't save him please. We refer to it as a level at times but its rather disrespectfu in most instances. If its a level then I would love to hear what you have to do to qualify. Is it a lower level in a literal sense or objectively labeled by boxing?
        No, IBF, WBA, WBC are world levels.

The European Title is a "European level". It's not a label used to describe the belt. It's an actual level of competition. The "European" level.

And yes it is a lower level in a literal sense. It's a level beneath world level.

Domestic level, (The British title) is even lower.

To qualify all you have to do is fight another European level fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
          Try something more original. You can do better than that.
          We'll have to disagree on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            Try something more original. You can do better than that.
            that's not refuting anything I stated, It's mindless defending like the nuthugger cyclops that just quoted you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Just a take them fight nothing special about it, I think he is allow to do so and this stage of his career.
              At this stage of his career? lmao! I guess he is HOF status already to right? lol!

Comment

• Because it's another smaller fighter that this alleged P4P beast can beat up on for close to a million dollars and get his hair combed by his by his pops in style on HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Because it's another smaller fighter that this alleged P4P beast can beat up on for close to a million dollars and get his hair combed by his by his pops in style on HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    No, IBF, WBA, WBC are world levels.

The European Title is a "European level". It's not a label used to describe the belt. It's an actual level of competition. The "European" level.

And yes it is a lower level in a literal sense. It's a level beneath world level.

Domestic level, (The British title) is even lower.

To qualify all you have to do is fight another European level fighter.
                    Because I respect your opinion I took a look. What I gathered was that these other titles are just extensions of professional boxing. Anytime a promoter wants to risk it they can cross over and fight for any title they want on a professional level. If you're a pro then there's no restrictions except the ones you and your handlers put on yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                      Because I respect your opinion I took a look. What I gathered was that these other titles are just extensions of professional boxing. Anytime a promoter wants to risk it they can cross over and fight for any title they want on a professional level. If you're a pro then there's no restrictions except the ones you and your handlers put on yourself.
                      Yeah, of course.

You aren't restricted to only fight at European or Domestic level. It's not a level you must go through to advance in the sport. It's solely a choice.

A fighter like Ryan Rhodes for example was fighting at World level in WBC Eliminators and against Alvarez then a year later decided to fight at European level against Rabchenko, who is another European level fighter (at the moment).

Here in the UK, most fighters are brought through the systems of firstly fighting at Domestic level, winning the "British Title", then moving up to European level, winning the "European Title" then taking a stab at World level.

James Degale for example is currently the European Champion at 168 and is fighting European level fighters. At any given time he could move to "World level" just as easily as he could move back down to Domestic level (If he wanted. Of course, he won't)

It's usually merely a stepping stone, depending on how good you are.

Someone like Matthew Hatton, for example, is an out and out European level fighter. Nothing more, nothing less. So he fights at that level and has done almost his entire career

Comment

Working...
                      X