Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expectations for Rios v Gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect the classical boxer-brawler match up, the boxer having the upper hand.

I do expect them to engage alot more as the fight progresses (championship rounds), with Rios doing some significant damage to the body, but not nearly enough to stop Gamboa.

I have it 9-3 for Gamboa.

And no, I don't expect a "war".

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
      What are your expectations for this? Will it be a great fight? What are you expecting out of Rios vs Gamboa? Who are you picking to win and why?
      I dont think Gamboa will hurt Rios.

Its going to be like a poor mans chavez vs Meldrick Taylor.

If Rios can take getting hit all night and can actually land on Gamboa he could stop him late.

Gamboa can get the W but only through distance. Brandon is pretty tough, I dont see him getting stopped but I could see him getting puffed up from accumulation.

Just my 2 Coach.

Comment

Poll added.

Comment

It's been rehashed a million times but this really comes down to weight. Can Rios make it comfortably still? Will Gamboa still be effective? If so...I see two scenarios. One being Gamboa pulling ahead to a nice lead and holding off a late Rios run. The other...and more likely scenario IMO...Gamboa pulls out to a huge lead but, as is his M.O., begins to fade and Rios comes on strong, finishing him in the 10th or 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            It's been rehashed a million times but this really comes down to weight. Can Rios make it comfortably still? Will Gamboa still be effective? If so...I see two scenarios. One being Gamboa pulling ahead to a nice lead and holding off a late Rios run. The other...and more likely scenario IMO...Gamboa pulls out to a huge lead but, as is his M.O., begins to fade and Rios comes on strong, finishing him in the 10th or 11th.
            I'm surprised so many people are so confident that Gamboa will be every bit as effective moving up in weight, most seem to be treating the weight as a non issue. Maybe they assume that Gamboa wouldn't be doing this unless he is 100% sure he will be the same fighter moving up, but I don't they any fighter can ever be 100% about moving up in weight that much.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              Yep and I would imagine that this will be Rios' last fight at the weight. It just has to be. I'll ask Eaner0919.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
                Yep and I would imagine that this will be Rios' last fight at the weight. It just has to be. I'll ask Eaner0919.

i think i read somewhere that they finally hired a nutritionist? and that the reason Rios was dyin to make 135 was because of how he handled himself in between fights?

i was going under that premise when i made my prediction...if that's not the case, then i expect a wide, wipeout points win for Gamboa

Comment

I see both getting knocked out at the same time in the last round at the last second.

Comment

I think Gamboa will be fine at the weight.

And I think Gamboa will beat him, probably on points.

I'm looking forward to this fight more than any other at the moment.

Comment

I anticipate Gamboa doing whatever the hell he feels like doing.

When the speed advantage over your opponent is THAT far apart, it's hard to overcome... I also feel like Gamboa is going to carry some power up with him... the way that he's built.. he's compact, I think he's going to have more pop than expected.

Comment

Working...
                      X