Sugar Shane would fight conor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    every broke boxer with a name will be calling out conor for that paycheck
    Conor is the best MMA fighter in the world. In a boxing match under boxing rules I think any welterweight pro boxer worth a damn would beat him with ease. He is a terrific boxer by MMA standards but he is a garbage boxer by pro boxing standards. I am pretty sure old washed up Mosley would knock Conor out in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Conor is the best MMA fighter in the world. In a boxing match under boxing rules I think any welterweight pro boxer worth a damn would beat him with ease. He is a terrific boxer by MMA standards but he is a garbage boxer by pro boxing standards. I am pretty sure old washed up Mosley would knock Conor out in the first round.
      Yeah,, I give Conor zero chance in boxing, but he still will bring the biggest payday to any old boxer..

Comment

Originally posted by Mc,Lovin View Post
        Can't beleive so many are even entertaining the idea
        http://www.***************.net/2016/...conor-mcgregor
        Sparring is sparring, but McGregor was getting his ears boxed off by Chris Van Heerden (with the actual full session rumored to be worse than the little bits that got put out).

Once that was known (with most guys sparring bigger guys in sparring anyway), folks with boxing craft have consistently seen McGregor as being an easy mark to pick off for big money.

Frankie Edgar has shown that his hands aren't bad, and Nate/Nick Diaz being brought in for lefty camps consistently with Andre Ward makes it pretty clear that their hand game is worth bringing in (no one is saying that those guys would all be world-level scrappers, but they've held their own against world-level guys).

There's levels to this

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          every broke boxer with a name will be calling out conor for that paycheck
          This. I knew as soon as Conor was creeping closer to legit possibly having an actual boxing match, everyone and their mama was gonna start calling this guy. And mostly past their prime fighters with nothing to lose, or guys that will for sure whoop his ass.

Comment

If McGregor does end up boxing a no-name boxer, I can see that boxer taking a dive. The money and hype that would be generated by McGregor knockout of a boxer would be too much for "someone" to get "involved".

I may be off-base, but I won't put it past any boxer making minimum $$$ boxing the circuit.

Comment

Working...
            X