Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua vs. Parker - Giuseppe Quartarone Confirmed as Referee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Ever heard of BoxRec? At least try to keep up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by True That View Post
    I do use Box Rec and I did look him up and I still never heard of him. I know international referees. Not all, but a lot of them. Seems like most on here don't know this guy or ever heard of him either, so don't come at me with that.
    They should have used international referee Luis Pabon for a fight like this not this Giuseppe Quartarone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff

Actually, they should use a qualified and neutral ref. Quartarone is both of those.

Quote:
    I disagree, they need a referee with high profile big fight experience.

Quote:

Neutral and qualified, and both camps are fine with him. Both know who he is. You're sounding more like a casual every time. Relax and enjoy the fight. Geez, chill out.

Originally posted by True That View Post
    No sorry son, I'm pretty sure I'm more astute and knowledgeable about the sweet science than you are. I'm far from a casual.

I'm not the only one who doesn't recognize this dude as a "big" fight referee either, True That. Anyway it is what it is and I will enjoy the fight Trust.
    Quote:

I'm 64 now, and have kept up with the sport since I was about 8. So maybe you're taking on quite a stretch. What I said was you were sounding like a casual. If both camps are fine with the guy as being qualified and neutral, I'm fine as well. Anyway, we have a great fight coming in less than 2 weeks. I'm fired up and ready to roll. Hope you enjoy it as well.
    Last edited by PunchyPotorff; 03-23-2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Quote:
      Quote:
      Quote:

Quote:
      I do use Box Rec and I did look him up and I still never heard of him. I know international referees. Not all, but a lot of them. Seems like most on here don't know this guy or ever heard of him either, so don't come at me with that.
      They should have used international referee Luis Pabon for a fight like this not this Giuseppe Quartarone.

Quote:

Actually, they should use a qualified and neutral ref. Quartarone is both of those.

Quote:

Quote:

Neutral and qualified, and both camps are fine with him. Both know who he is. You're sounding more like a casual every time. Relax and enjoy the fight. Geez, chill out.

Quote:

I'm 64 now, and have kept up with the sport since I was about 8. So maybe you're taking on quite a stretch. What I said was you were sounding like a casual. If both camps are fine with the guy as being qualified and neutral, I'm fine as well. Anyway, we have a great fight coming in less than 2 weeks. I'm fired up and ready to roll. Hope you enjoy it as well.

Absolutely, we definitely have a great fight next Saturday. I've accumulated my sick hours at work this month to use on Saturday March 31st since that fight live for me will be at 3pm or so. Enjoy the fight sir.

Comment

He was picked as ref at quarta ta one

Comment

Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:
          Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
          No sorry son, I'm pretty sure I'm more astute and knowledgeable about the sweet science than you are. I'm far from a casual.

I'm not the only one who doesn't recognize this dude as a "big" fight referee either, True That. Anyway it is what it is and I will enjoy the fight Trust.

Quote:

Absolutely, we definitely have a great fight next Saturday. I've accumulated my sick hours at work this month to use on Saturday March 31st since that fight live for me will be at 3pm or so. Enjoy the fight sir.
          Same to you. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
            He was picked as ref at quarta ta one
            LOL!!!! Comedy gold!!!!!!

Comment

LOL!!!! Comedy gold!!!!!!
              Only took about a min to think of, I impressed myself with that one almost lol

Comment

Quote:
                Quote:
                Quote:
                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Same to you. Cheers.

Lol, I told you that referee Giuseppe Quartarone was a horrible choice. What were they thinking?

SMH

Comment

Quote:
                  Quote:
                  Quote:
                  Quote:
                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Same to you. Cheers.

Lol, I told you that referee Giuseppe Quartarone was a horrible choice. What were they thinking? SMH
                  Maybe I have to watch the fight again. What exactly are you referring to?

Comment

Quote:
                    Quote:
                    Quote:
                    Quote:
                    Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Same to you. Cheers.

Maybe I have to watch the fight again. What exactly are you referring to?

Well, a lot of people on the forum board are voicing their displeasure with Giuseppe. Dillian Whyte said he was awful, the Showtime commentators and a whole lot of folks on the forum.

He was horrible actually. For an international neutrel referee they definitely should have chose someone like Luis Pabon, he's a good referee and gets called upon for big fights from time to time internationally.

Comment

Originally posted by Oshio View Post
                      Lame... Just proves how pessimistic Wilder fan boys are
                      He was 100% correct.

Comment

Working...
                      X