Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistically, who will be the biggest challenge of Loma's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey and the more I think on it the less chance I give Mikey, someone at 147 but I think that's unreasonable

Comment

He has no business at 147. He was fighting at 126 not so long ago. He is a full grown man and not a growing teenager. He should stay at 135. He is small even at 135. Mikey is a very challenging fight at 135. If he goes to 140 he will be fighting men much bigger naturally than himself. The best 140 lb. boxers could be hard for him to beat. He would be even worse off at 147. I think much bigger stronger boxers like Spence, Thurman and Crawford would KO him. I think he is the best PFP boxer in the world today. That doesn't mean he can beat other excellent boxers who are so much bigger than he is. There are limits and there are reasons for different weight classes. All thinks equal skill wins. But if a good boxer is much bigger and stronger and harder punching he can beat a smaller more skillful opponent.

Comment

Only Mikey Garcia but unfortunately, it looks like that fight's not going to happen because, just like the Loma-Rigo situation, Mikey and Loma are too far apart in weight now. Simply put, Mikey is too big for Lomachenko and personally, I think Mikey beats Loma.

Comment

Vs. Mikey is one of those legacy type fights

Loma vs Mikey needs to happen in 2019!

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
            Only Mikey Garcia but unfortunately, it looks like that fight's not going to happen because, just like the Loma-Rigo situation, Mikey and Loma are too far apart in weight now. Simply put, Mikey is too big for Lomachenko and personally, I think Mikey beats Loma.
            Not true at all. Mikey can still make 135, and Loma WILL eventually move up to 140. The Pac fight at 140 is being realistically entertained by team Loma.

But at either 135 or 140, the Mikey fight still isn't a super fight like Floyd-Manny (in terms of skill/talent and magnitude)

That's why I'm wondering if Crawford is able to make 140. I think I remember reading that he had a very hard time making 140 and he walks around at much heavier weight, so I think that he might NOT be able to make 140 comfortably anymore, which would eliminate that as a possible future career defining fight for Loma... Crawford being at TR fighter also would make that much more feasible.... I guess, MAYBE, if Loma moves up to 140 and feels comfortable there could be a catchweight.

But still no huge fights for Loma in the foreseeable future to get excited about... c

Comment

I'm just happy we get to watch Loma for years to come.

A strong and accurate jab with a punishing right is needed to keep him less mobile. Also being light on your feet to move with him when he tries

Fun fighter to watch 00%

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                Not true at all. Mikey can still make 135, and Loma WILL eventually move up to 140. The Pac fight at 140 is being realistically entertained by team Loma.

But at either 135 or 140, the Mikey fight still isn't a super fight like Floyd-Manny (in terms of skill/talent and magnitude)

That's why I'm wondering if Crawford is able to make 140. I think I remember reading that he had a very hard time making 140 and he walks around at much heavier weight, so I think that he might NOT be able to make 140 comfortably anymore, which would eliminate that as a possible future career defining fight for Loma... Crawford being at TR fighter also would make that much more feasible.... I guess, MAYBE, if Loma moves up to 140 and feels comfortable there could be a catchweight.

But still no huge fights for Loma in the foreseeable future to get excited about... c
                Mikey's 30 years old and he'll be 31 this year, it's going to be much tougher on his body to cut weight as he's getting older. And besides, Mikey has his sights set on 147 which is crazy as his limit is 140.

Crawford's done with 140 and everybody and their mamas want Pacquaio because he's the only guy from 140-147 with a name brand and a fan base.

Lomachenko caps at 135, if he goes any higher than that, he'll get his ass beat like Chocolatito.

Comment

mikey garcia

I absolutely love how cats is underrating mikey against Loma its going to make it all the more sweeter when he wins

Comment

Working...
                  X