Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should it ever be a crime to challenge history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should it ever be a crime to challenge history?

Should it ever be discouraged to challenge historical claims?

Should it ever be a crime to have a different opinion regarding historical events?

I'm not talking about using it to incite violence, but simply to do your own research and then state your own opinion?

If so, why?? Why should history,, and moreover the truth, fear scrutiny and further investigation?

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
    Should it ever be discouraged to challenge historical claims?

Should it ever be a crime to have a different opinion regarding historical events?

I'm not talking about using it to incite violence, but simply to do your own research and then state your own opinion?

If so, why?? Why should history,, and moreover the truth, fear scrutiny and further investigation?
    It's not illegal to have an opinion.

There's no such thing as an incorrect opinion, just one that's different. That said, if you're going to have an opinion the differs so greatly, be prepared to face ridicule.

You can't have such an extreme view and NOT expect some form of criticism.

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
      It's not illegal to have an opinion.

There's no such thing as an incorrect opinion, just one that's different. That said, if you're going to have an opinion the differs so greatly, be prepared to face ridicule.

You can't have such an extreme view and NOT expect some form of criticism.
      He's talking about should it be illegal to question the holyhoax. If your opinion is that the holyhoax is a bunch of nonsense should you go to jail for it.

Comment

It's a difficult one.

I mean, the search for truth is a profound thing, and a noble thing. Inasmuch as it can be unimpeded it should be.

But holocaust deniers and revisionists aren't motivated by the search for truth, they are just seeking confirmation of what they already believe - and for an excuse for their bigotry.

The reason we don't have freedom is because assholes keep fucking it up. Often it is the people who speak the most about freedom who act in a way that guarantees freedoms can't be granted.

Comment

I just think there are way too many crimes which are essentially just thought crimes

This fear of thinking anything controversial is why we are crippled with inaction in Europe atm wth respect to the thousands of extremiste living freely in our countries claiming our welfare and plotting to slit our throats

There comes a point where I think the human race needs to grow a pair, stop making certain beliefs taboo just because they hurt people's feelings and just deal with the situation

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
            It's a difficult one.

I mean, the search for truth is a profound thing, and a noble thing. Inasmuch as it can be unimpeded it should be.

But holocaust deniers and revisionists aren't motivated by the search for truth, they are just seeking confirmation of what they already believe - and for an excuse for their bigotry.

The reason we don't have freedom is because assholes keep fucking it up. Often it is the people who speak the most about freedom who act in a way that guarantees freedoms can't be granted.
            So every single person who questions any aspect of the holyhoax is just motivated by hate and not interested in the truth?

Comment

i don't deny the holocaust, which affected way more than just jewish people, but i question whether if some aspects of it are exaggerated. it irks me how jews have hijacked the entire narrative of WWII for political/zionist purposes.

Comment

Holyhoax??

What's that term mean?

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                  it irks me how jews have hijacked the entire narrative of WWII for political/zionist purposes.
                  Can you please expand on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Xoo View Post
                    So every single person who questions any aspect of the holyhoax is just motivated by hate and not interested in the truth?
                    It is theoretically possible for people to question it and to be interested in the truth, but I don't think this has ever actually occurred.

Comment

Working...
                    X