Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSAC Commissioner Keith Kizer: "Lamont Peterson Does NOT Have a License To Fight."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
    Just terrible. The fight shouldn't go on if the Peterson tested positive. If he tested positive and they let it go on, what precedent is being set?
    What would that say about Golden Boy? Imagine if the fight goes on. What does that say about Golden Boy?

Now people are making excuses and Golden Boy is even questioning VADA. Already saying USADA/WADA>>>>VADA which Schafer said. Becasue VADA caught one of their fighters.

Now really think if it was Arum who was questioning VADA. If this was a Top Rank fight. And, the fight still goes on. Webb you know as well as me that the outrage by the fans would be off the charts against Top Rank. They would call Arum every name in the book.

So if the fight goes on, what does that say about Golden Boy? This fight better not go on. And, if this I will be LMAO. I don't want to hear how great GBP is.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
      Well you can't say that because, we haven't seen how USADA would react if they found a fighter test positive in the pro ranks and how long it would take for their info to get out there. Unless they have already tested positive in a fight and kept it quiet.

Don't think VADA did anything wrong. They let Peterson team know about this over a month ago. Peterson opted for a Sample B which came positive as well. Not sure and really no one knows yet if USADA would have done differently.
      With all due respect, Roman, this is where USADA knows thatthey are doing.

Check it:

http://www.usatf.org/about/legal/ant...daprotocol.asp

8. Notification

USADA will provide the following notification with respect to each laboratory report received by USADA:

a. Upon receipt of a negative laboratory report, USADA will promptly forward that result to the athlete, the USOC and the applicable NGB.

b. Upon receipt of a positive laboratory A report or a report indicating an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone ratio or epitestosterone concentration, USADA will promptly notify the USOC, the applicable NGB and athlete at the address on the Doping Control Notification/Signature Form and shall advise the athlete of the date on which the laboratory will conduct the B sample analysis. The athlete may attend the B sample analysis accompanied by a representative at his or her own expense. Prior to the B sample opening, USADA shall provide to the athlete the A sample laboratory documentation set forth on Annex B. A sample shall not be considered positive until after the B sample analysis confirms the A sample analysis.

c. Upon receipt of the laboratory's B sample report, USADA shall promptly notify the USOC, the applicable NGB and the athlete. USADA shall then provide to the athlete the B sample documentation package set forth on Annex C. The laboratory shall not be required to produce any documentation in addition to Annexes B and C unless ordered to do so by an arbitrator(s) during adjudication, in which case it shall be produced at the athlete's expense.

d. In special circumstances where USADA is conducting testing for an IF, regional or continental sports organization or other Olympic movement sporting body, other than the USOC or an NGB, the notification described in this section shall be made exclusively to that sporting body, the athlete, and, if applicable, to the USOC and NGB.

Comment

What would that say about Golden Boy? Imagine if the fight goes on. What does that say about Golden Boy?

Now people are making excuses and Golden Boy is even questioning VADA. Already saying USADA/WADA>>>>VADA which Schafer said. Becasue VADA caught one of their fighters.

Now really think if it was Arum who was questioning VADA. If this was a Top Rank fight. And, the fight still goes on. Webb you know as well as me that the outrage by the fans would be off the charts against Top Rank. They would call Arum every name in the book.

So if the fight goes on, what does that say about Golden Boy? This fight better not go on. And, if this I will be LMAO. I don't want to hear how great GBP is.

I am questioning VADA because of the communication protocol and timeline.

MAJOR kudos to them for catching a cheat... but you MUST communicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          But we HAVE seen how USADA reacts with HUNDREDS of other athletes who tested dirty.

They have MUCH more experience handling this stuff.
          We have not seen how they react when it comes to the pro fights. We just haven't. It's a different ball game than they Olympic. So to questioning is kind of absurd.

Comment

With all due respect, Roman, this is where USADA knows thatthey are doing.

Check it:

http://www.usatf.org/about/legal/ant...daprotocol.asp

8. Notification

USADA will provide the following notification with respect to each laboratory report received by USADA:

a. Upon receipt of a negative laboratory report, USADA will promptly forward that result to the athlete, the USOC and the applicable NGB.

b. Upon receipt of a positive laboratory A report or a report indicating an elevated testosterone/epitestosterone ratio or epitestosterone concentration, USADA will promptly notify the USOC, the applicable NGB and athlete at the address on the Doping Control Notification/Signature Form and shall advise the athlete of the date on which the laboratory will conduct the B sample analysis. The athlete may attend the B sample analysis accompanied by a representative at his or her own expense. Prior to the B sample opening, USADA shall provide to the athlete the A sample laboratory documentation set forth on Annex B. A sample shall not be considered positive until after the B sample analysis confirms the A sample analysis.

c. Upon receipt of the laboratory's B sample report, USADA shall promptly notify the USOC, the applicable NGB and the athlete. USADA shall then provide to the athlete the B sample documentation package set forth on Annex C. The laboratory shall not be required to produce any documentation in addition to Annexes B and C unless ordered to do so by an arbitrator(s) during adjudication, in which case it shall be produced at the athlete's expense.

d. In special circumstances where USADA is conducting testing for an IF, regional or continental sports organization or other Olympic movement sporting body, other than the USOC or an NGB, the notification described in this section shall be made exclusively to that sporting body, the athlete, and, if applicable, to the USOC and NGB.
            How fast is promptly?

Comment

Side note: Is Peterson a GBP fighter? You sure?

Comment

I am questioning VADA because of the communication protocol and timeline.

MAJOR kudos to them for catching a cheat... but you MUST communicate.
                Their really isn't anything to questioning.

They caught him over a month ago. He then opted to have sample B tested. And, as soon as they the results. Every one was noted "promptly".

Comment

Lifetime ban. Time to set an example.

Comment

How fast is promptly?
                    I do not know. But the fact that the use the word "promptly" repeatedly indicates that they understand there's a time-critical element involved.

Also, USADA has a clearly-stated communication protocol where they notifythe governing body of a positive test.

VADA received a positive test on April 12, and notified the athlete on April 13. Perfect. Where they fell short is not notifying the governing body until May 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk. View Post
                      Lifetime ban. Time to set an example.
                      Didn't Overeem get a year? I don't pay that much attention to that case.

Comment

Working...
                      X