Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Geale gets a shot at Cotto's lineal title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lords View Post
    Why did Clottey get a title shot at Pac when he was coming off a loss? Why did Cintron get a title shot at Canelo when he lost 2 of his last 3 fights? among many other similar situations.
    And it was wrong in all those situations, just like its wrong now for cotto to fight geale. But king cotton can't do anything wrong in your world.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
      And it was wrong in all those situations, just like its wrong now for cotto to fight geale. But king cotton can't do anything wrong in your world.
      Where was your outrage then?

Comment

Because Cotto is both a diva and a vagina.

The diva in him wont allow him to fight Canelo.

The vagina in him wont allow him to fight GGG.

So Geale it is. It was an easy fight to make. Geale just had to check with his boss to make sure he wont schedule his cab for the evening shift on fight night.

Comment

Yep. It was bad enough that Cotto got a shot at Martinez as a light middleweight over GGG and other proven middleweights. But now Cotto defends against the guy GGG recently iced with ease? It's not just Cotto's fault though. Obviously all top stars avoid risky fights that aren't worth the reward. Really, as long as promoters just 'make' fights rather than fights being dictated by results/rankings, almost every fighter is protected to a degree and there can't be legitmate 'championships' in boxing. Pretending there are with 'fantasy champions' is a way of denying boxing's blatant reality. Anyway, I hope Geale wins to expose the concept of 'lineal championship' as meaningless. With the extent of weight-jumping and catchweight fights the term's less and less respected, now with Cotto-Geale it should be dumped and ignored and seen as ridiculous by every half-aware fan.

Comment

they can strip cotton if they want to he will still be the linal champ like when the stripped foreman but he was still recognised as the hw champion then lost to briggs. so the wbc can try and ''enforce there power'' but cotto would still be universally seen as the mw champion and have that leverage.

its a shame briggs never used his leverage as the linal champion to his advantage lol

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Where was your outrage then?
              I don't log every single thing. Given that Cotto was the guy that brought me into the sport I feel the need to call him on his new businessman/diva attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                I don't log every single thing. Given that Cotto was the guy that brought me into the sport I feel the need to call him on his new businessman/diva attitude.
                This haappens more than you think. Its part of boxing. Not saying that I like it but I can accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  He gets a shot because that's who Cotto chose... yup, that's how it works
                  Yep doesn't mean he's better than ggg but it makes him the legitimate champ at mw. Cotto doesn't want to touch ggg with a 10 foot pole

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    ^^^Exactly, If Cotto wants to fight Geale instead of GGG because he's a bit*h he can.
                    Miguel Cotto would kill you with one punch if Miguel Cotto wanted to. Miguel Cotto wouldn't appreciate you talking about Miguel Cotto in that way.

Comment

He gets a shot because Cotto is new to that division and is taking a voluntary like the wise man that Cotto is.

Don't knock it... Kirkland got a "shot" even after getting KTFO.

Even Willie Monroe Jr. is getting a "shot."

Comment

Working...
                      X