Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain why Golovkin refused to fight Charlo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
    Here's a boxingscene business man who loves Golovkin for doing business but most likely craps on Tank or Mayweather for doing the same thing. To be honest, I've never approved of the "business" side of boxing. I'm consistent. You guys flip flop depending on who the culprit is.

Secondly, more people thought Jacobs beat G. Just look at the round by round thread on boxingscene or any other notable boxing site.

Jacobs and Derv beat G. Only fanboys justify G not giving a rematch to either because of business while crying for G to get a rematch against Canelo and hating Tank for not fighting Loma.

Hiprocracy all over the place.
    Your problem is you are an idiot that speaks when he doesn't have a clue. The only problem I have with Mayweather is his style in the ring after he morphed into Money Mayweather. I give him credit and have given him credit for his financial sucess. Tank I don't follow so I don't know what you are alluding to. I barely follow Lomo who is a more recognizable name. I don't regularly follow the lighter weight fighters.
    Last edited by TonyGe; 01-03-2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
      Context is king. Canelo and Cotto moved up to his weight class and won a belt. GGG was a mandatory for them so he wasn't going to jump up to 168 to fight Ward. If the inactive Ward wanted GGG he should have had to meet GGG part way. Brook wasn't dragged up by GGG. Eddie Hearn gave him the fight to save the date when original opponent Chis Eubanks Jr threatened to kill the event with his negotiations.

But don't let facts get in the way of your hate.

He fought Dervynchenko so why are you b!tching about it. He fought Canelo 2x? So why are you b!tching about it. He had signed a contract signed to fight BJS if the Canelo rematch fell through. So why are you *****ing about it. Andre Ward wasn't even in his weight class. He fought all of one time at 168 when GGG was on the way up.

You complain about Vanes Matsowhatshisface but he represents one of Andrade's best wins in his entire career. Sanctioning bodies would never approve GGG fighting 90% of Andrade and Charlo's resume's especially at 160. And GGG is the bad guy??? GGG is the one with all the misses. Canelo didn't even mention either Andrade or Charlo's name at any point in their careers and they were all champions of two different divisions at the same goddamn time.

Hell yea and your post proves it.
      Ummm Andrade was going to get the Canelo fight if Kovalov lost to Yarde.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Ummm Andrade was going to get the Canelo fight if Kovalov lost to Yarde.
        Really? Didn't know that. Source?

Comment

That's horse crap. We want Charlo and Andrade to fight each other because why should GGG be the only one fighting top guys. GGG has fought Canelo 2x, Danny Jacobs and Sergei Dervychenko in the past 3 years. During that time the best guys Charlo AND Andrade fought were Mateyv Korobov and Marcej Sulecki. Ryota Murata keeps trading wins and losses with fringe contenders when he's not matched up with no-hopers. All these guys are milking their belts to get shots at GGG. Canelo is busy bouncing around different weights fighting the easiest available champions for the most possible money after being chased out of a second division by Charlo and Andrade.

The best should fight the best which means of course GGG should fight these guys. But if GGG doesn't fight them right away they should be pushing to fight each other in the meantime instead of can crushing. Andrade is about to fight Luke Keeler and Keeler isn't even a mandatory. Charlo just beat up Dennis Hogan who I don't even think was a top 10 junior middleweight in a fight at middleweight. Its sad that Chris Eubanks Jr is now being pushed as Charlo's next fight AND he still represents the best guy Charlo, Murata or Andrade have ever fought at 160.

kid...

Golovkin has NEVER taken those fights.... EVER !!

just how fkn stupid are you?... waiting at the table for your date to show up, is admirable... still sitting there 3 days later, is stupidity

you free-pass handing... excuse-making... fanboy goofball...

you know that Golovkin has NEVER taken those kind of fights... because you have been making excuses for him forever

Comment

I agree these guys resumes are just embarrassing. At least Canelo can pretend to be taking on challenges by moving up and down in weight. These guys are just sitting around fighting bums and demanding big fights. Don't sit back and call for opportunities. Make them happen.

whilst Golovkin fights Rolls and Szeremeta... so that he can avoid Charlo and Andrade

listen here you excuse-making muppet...

... stop saying " if GGG doesn't fight them right away "... Team Bullshlt said that fighting Charlo/Andrade makes "no sense at all"...

... I think that you should hold your breath while we wait for Golovkin to find his balls, thats what I think

Comment

Context is king. First of all, Canelo and Cotto were big money fights. Just like Mayweather and Pac-man anyone in any of the divisions around them are going to be calling for those fights. That's what happens when you're a bonafide boxing superstar. Everyone wants dat azz. In any case, Canelo and Cotto moved up to middleweight and won a belt. So GGG didn't drag them up. He did what everyone else does in those situations and that is say he wants those fights. They then came up to his division and won a belt he was a mandatory challenger for. Regarding Ward, he was inactive for much of GGG's rise due to promotional issues and only had one fight at 168 when GGG was starting to hit his stride. For much the limited time that Ward's promotional issues didn't get in the way GGG was a mandatory for Cotto and then Canelo so he it made no sense to piss on those opportunities to fight Ward at 168. If Ward wanted the fight he rightfully would have had to meet him halfway. Brook wasn't dragged up by GGG. Eddie Hearn gave him the fight to save the date when original opponent Chis Eubanks Jr threatened to kill the event with his negotiations.

But don't let facts get in the way of your hate.

He fought Dervynchenko so why are you b!tching about it. He fought Canelo 2x? So why are you b!tching about it. He had signed a contract signed to fight BJS if the Canelo rematch fell through. So why are you *****ing about it. Andre Ward wasn't even in his weight class. He fought all of one time at 168 when GGG was on the way up.

You complain about Vanes Matsowhatshisface but he represents one of Andrade's best wins in his entire career. Sanctioning bodies would never approve GGG fighting 90% of Andrade and Charlo's resume's especially at 160. And GGG is the bad guy??? GGG is the one with all the misses. Canelo didn't even mention either Andrade or Charlo's name at any point in their careers and they were all champions of two different divisions at the same goddamn time.

Hell yea and your post proves it.
              The perception is everyone waited for GGG to get old. That never happened. Golovkin needed to control all the intangibles or HE WOULDNT take the fight.

Both Canelo and Cotto in 2014-2015 were misses. Those fights had to occur at catchweights per the request of A sides. Neither Canelo nor Cotto had fought at 160 before despite fighting in the MW division (Cotto 159, 157, 155 and Canelo 155).

If you want to call 155 MW then call the CONTEXT correctly. Borat DUCKED MW fights against Canelo and Cotto bc they were catchweights. B side Borat couldve had those fights in 2013-2014 if he really wanted them, but HE DUCKED them. And since you insist 155 is MW then why couldnt Borat take the MW fights against Canelo/Cotto? Over a pound or two??? Guess he didnt actually want those fights.

It wasnt until he controlled all the intangibles that he accepted the fight. The scores for both fights were fine yet Borat whined about judging...despite picking judges for the rematch. You know what's funny? Borat had no problem robbing Dervenchenko and didnt whine about those judges at all. B side prima donna Borat....

And Borat made his claim to fame KOing bums. He couldve fought better competition but repeatedly chose the Vanes and Rolls of the world and in the process DUCKING Andrade, younger Dervenchenko, Charlo, Lara, BJS, and of course Andre Ward.

Speaking of Ward Borat offered to fight Froch and JCC Jr at 168 but needed 164 against Ward (after calling Ward out at 168).

Wasnt it Borat crying about catchweights with Canelo and Cotto??? Yet now he - yet again - must control all the intangibles...like the famous saying goes:

"Anyone from 154-168...at 160"

The way you defend Borat is by deflection. Borat vacated the WBC MW title THE EXACT SAME WAY Canelo did...but, but, but, but Canelo ducked and Borat didnt??

Try to stay on topic when defending a fighter. Discussing Borat's horrific resume - where hes fought 6 world champions in 45 professional fights...and one of those "champs" was a WW who had to fight at full MW after Borat refused CW of 157.

Pathetic

Let's go little girls:
              yankees7448 TonyGe Motorcity Cobra Mindgames revelated boliodogs @stealthradon

C'mon CUCKS
              Last edited by UNBANNED; 01-03-2020, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Because Tom Loeffler is a pimp. Hearn doesn’t care if GGG loses, he just needs to show good DAZN numbers. It’s GGG’s phagg0t twin and Loeffler whom convince him not to take those fights for obvious profit loss. Plus his new trainer wouldn’t advise such a fight either since he could booted and blamed should he lose.

Comment

Even after the WBC mandated he must fight Charlo to get to Canelo?

Also, why hasn't he agreed to rematch Dervenchenko?

He wants Canelo to rematch him, but he refused to rematch Derv and Jacobs.
                  Because he's a one-trick pony who's been found out. He was getting out-classed by Kell Brook, before size won out. Since then he's beaten Vanes and Steve Rolls convincingly. Could easily have gone 0-4 against Canelo x2, Jacobs and Derevyanchenko. He a killa doe!

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    whilst Golovkin fights Rolls and Szeremeta... so that he can avoid Charlo and Andrade

listen here you excuse-making muppet...

... stop saying " if GGG doesn't fight them right away "... Team Bullshlt said that fighting Charlo/Andrade makes "no sense at all"...

... I think that you should hold your breath while we wait for Golovkin to find his balls, thats what I think
                    Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
                    The perception is everyone waited for GGG to get old. That never happened. Golovkin needed to control all the intangibles or HE WOULDNT take the fight.

Both Canelo and Cotto in 2014-2015 were misses. Those fights had to occur at catchweights per the request of A sides. Neither Canelo nor Cotto had fought at 160 before despite fighting in the MW division (Cotto 159, 157, 155 and Canelo 155).

If you want to call 155 MW then call the CONTEXT correctly. Borat DUCKED MW fights against Canelo and Cotto bc they were catchweights. B side Borat couldve had those fights in 2013-2014 if he really wanted them, but HE DUCKED them. And since you insist 155 is MW then why couldnt Borat take the MW fights against Canelo/Cotto? Over a pound or two??? Guess he didnt actually want those fights.

It wasnt until he controlled all the intangibles that he accepted the fight. The scores for both fights were fine yet Borat whined about judging...despite picking judges for the rematch. You know what's funny? Borat had no problem robbing Dervenchenko and didnt whine about those judges at all. B side prima donna Borat....

And Borat made his claim to fame KOing bums. He couldve fought better competition but repeatedly chose the Vanes and Rolls of the world and in the process DUCKING Andrade, younger Dervenchenko, Charlo, Lara, BJS, and of course Andre Ward.

Speaking of Ward Borat offered to fight Froch and JCC Jr at 168 but needed 164 against Ward (after calling Ward out at 168).

Wasnt it Borat crying about catchweights with Canelo and Cotto??? Yet now he - yet again - must control all the intangibles...like the famous saying goes:

"Anyone from 154-168...at 160"

The way you defend Borat is by deflection. Borat vacated the WBC MW title THE EXACT SAME WAY Canelo did...but, but, but, but Canelo ducked and Borat didnt??

Try to stay on topic when defending a fighter. Discussing Borat's horrific resume - where hes fought 6 world champions in 45 professional fights...and one of those "champs" was a WW who had to fight at full MW after Borat refused CW of 157.

Pathetic
                    Yankees is probably Puerto Rican

Comment

Even after the WBC mandated he must fight Charlo to get to Canelo?

Also, why hasn't he agreed to rematch Dervenchenko?

He wants Canelo to rematch him, but he refused to rematch Derv and Jacobs.
                      let me speak truth... ex con always a convict.. he feard getting dropped messed up..

put me on ignore after this... he feared losing his white boy fan base and money.... i need to be back in prison,

i tell all these samurail wanna be clown.. i only need one pass.. they done.. then i cry... i am tired of that feeling... one pass...

Comment

Working...
                      X