Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Vacates WBO Light Heavyweight Title; Reign Lasts 6 Weeks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pednelo fights BJS in Vegas and wins via UD lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
      You idiot, you can't even answer the question!

Instead of fighting Bivol, the coward fights the lesser of the two.

He's 34 years old, been a pro since 2013 and still hasn't faced anyone elite.

If canelo's a bum and all, then you should want Beterbiev to fight Bivol, Usyk, Wilder, Fury, AJ. You can't have it both ways idiot.

Yes move up, all the great champs have. He should unify with Bivol, and fight all those that I mentioned or be labeled a fraud and a coward. That's whats expected of Canelo, so it's also expected for the guy Canelo supposedly ran from.
      You put a downvote on my reputation Haha..Now I know you're a F-G. G-YBOY . Now I know why you like Cinnamon-You got sugar in your tank to go with his spice AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        Who’s the lady in your sig?
        Zahara Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
          Zahara Davis
          Just googled her, definitely my type

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
            Yeah he did make history. Maybe the shortest 175 paper champion in the history of the sport. What a proud achievement.
            you triple flop fanatics just upset because canelo is everything you thought triple flop was. ..

triple flop promised to take on whoever in multiple divisions ... canelo did it

bow down peasant

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Just googled her, definitely my type

Thanks
              She looks like a teenager, and very skinny. Not my type.

Comment

• Originally posted by royjonesjrKTFO View Post
                She looks like a teenager, and very skinny. Not my type.
                Exactly why she’s my type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elastic Recoil View Post
                  Genuine question, has there been a fighter in the modern era (last 20-30 years) who's demonstrated feats of cowardice greater than Canelo? Regardless of if you like or hate Canelo he has avoided fighters, vacated belts, ducked fighters and stalled fights all whilst forcing either catchweights or rehydration clauses on the fighters he does choose to face. I'm struggling to think of a boxer who can match that to be honest. Always makes me giggle when Canelo gets mentioned in P4P discussions - the guy has literally done nothing but fight old/washed up fighters and receive controversial decisions throughout his entire career!
                  Was Trout washed up?
                  Was Floyd washed up?
                  Was Lara Washed up ?
                  Was Golovkin washed up ?
                  Was Jacobs washed up ?

Did any of those fights have catch-weights or rehydration clauses? (outside of Floyd)

Just because a fight is close, and you don't agree with the decision, does not mean that the victory suddenly does not count.

I thought Canelo lost to Lara, and Golovkin in the first fight, but acknowledge that both fights were close, and even though I don't AGREE with the decision, others do, and on record he won the fight. It counts.

He won the legitimate, lineal middleweight belt against Cotto, a guy who's best days were at 147. The fight MADE SENSE to take. Doesn't mean he was a true middleweight at the time. Same as RJJ fighting John Ruiz and not Lennox, Vitali, or Wladamir.

He fought for the 154lb belt September 2016, and fought Golovkin for the Middleweight belt in September 2017. It's not ducking if he still fights at 154, hence is not a true middleweight. Fighter's shouldn't catch flack because they don't move UP in weight and fight the TOP fighters in that weight class before they are ready.

Alvarez was certainly a coddled, spoiled fighter who didn't earn the opportunities he received in the beginning. Matthew Hatton title fights come to mind. He certainly has made some BS moves in his day, Amir Khan title defenses come to mind, but to say he doesn't take tough fights, or all his opponents are washed up is total garbage. Who has a better resume in boxing than him ? Not many if any.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLC View Post
                    Was Trout washed up?
                    Was Floyd washed up?
                    Was Lara Washed up ?
                    Was Golovkin washed up ?
                    Was Jacobs washed up ?

Did any of those fights have catch-weights or rehydration clauses? (outside of Floyd)

Just because a fight is close, and you don't agree with the decision, does not mean that the victory suddenly does not count.

I thought Canelo lost to Lara, and Golovkin in the first fight, but acknowledge that both fights were close, and even though I don't AGREE with the decision, others do, and on record he won the fight. It counts.

He won the legitimate, lineal middleweight belt against Cotto, a guy who's best days were at 147. The fight MADE SENSE to take. Doesn't mean he was a true middleweight at the time. Same as RJJ fighting John Ruiz and not Lennox, Vitali, or Wladamir.

He fought for the 154lb belt September 2016, and fought Golovkin for the Middleweight belt in September 2017. It's not ducking if he still fights at 154, hence is not a true middleweight. Fighter's shouldn't catch flack because they don't move UP in weight and fight the TOP fighters in that weight class before they are ready.

Alvarez was certainly a coddled, spoiled fighter who didn't earn the opportunities he received in the beginning. Matthew Hatton title fights come to mind. He certainly has made some BS moves in his day, Amir Khan title defenses come to mind, but to say he doesn't take tough fights, or all his opponents are washed up is total garbage. Who has a better resume in boxing than him ? Not many if any.
                    A lot to address here -

Trout was not washed up but he was average at best.

Floyd was not washed up but he SCHOOLED Canelo

Lara not washed BUT it was a 155lbs catchweight fight (he won)

Golovkin was not washed up but the fight should've happened 18 months earlier when Golovkin was 34 not when he was 35 due to the stalling by Alvarez who ducked by vacating the WBC strap.

Jacobs was not washed up BUT had a rehydration clause inflicted on him in his own weight class?

Other than those the rest on his resume were big names from previous era's who were old or vulnerable.

The so called big fights of his were not clear wins - robberies, controversy, poor judging... Canelo always gets the benefit of the doubt.

After defending the WBC middlweight against Khan Canelo had to fight mandatory challenger Golovkin but he instead chose to vacate to fight for a title at 154lbs? Only to come back in his next fight to fight Chavez JR at a 164lbs catchweight? Clear clear Golovkin duck from Canelo in 2016!

Comment

• Originally posted by Elastic Recoil View Post
                      A lot to address here -

Trout was not washed up but he was average at best.

Floyd was not washed up but he SCHOOLED Canelo

Lara not washed BUT it was a 155lbs catchweight fight (he won)

Golovkin was not washed up but the fight should've happened 18 months earlier when Golovkin was 34 not when he was 35 due to the stalling by Alvarez who ducked by vacating the WBC strap.

Jacobs was not washed up BUT had a rehydration clause inflicted on him in his own weight class?

Other than those the rest on his resume were big names from previous era's who were old or vulnerable.

The so called big fights of his were not clear wins - robberies, controversy, poor judging... Canelo always gets the benefit of the doubt.

After defending the WBC middlweight against Khan Canelo had to fight mandatory challenger Golovkin but he instead chose to vacate to fight for a title at 154lbs? Only to come back in his next fight to fight Chavez JR at a 164lbs catchweight? Clear clear Golovkin duck from Canelo in 2016!
                      Hindsight is always 20/20. Although Trout proved to be average, he was coming off a clear win over Cotto, who himself went on to win another couple of titles before retiring. Outside of Floyd and Lara, Trout was the best available opponent at that time, and a solid fighter. Canelo took a tough fight here.

I had to go back and check. I forgot Lara was at 155 ! You’re right there. Also, I thought Lara beat him here. But my point is, he took a tough fight.

same with Floyd. Canelo took a tough one. Of course the financial benefits for taking this tough one were a no brainer. Still though. He took a top fighter on.

GGG wasn’t over the hill. The fight didn’t happen when GGG wanted it, but the dude was still a top fighter when they fought their first fight. Super tough fight that everyone expected Alvarez to get KOd and he won.

Also, I don’t remember the Jacobs rehydration clause being followed by DJ. But I trust your memory better than mine seeing as how I forgot about Lara being at Canelo weight.

Again, my point on the whole ducking GGG thing is, canelo was still campaigning at 154. So if he pushes back GGG until he’s ready to be a full middleweight so be it. In the meantime he takes fights that make sense, fights where he can test his performance at 160 w relatively low risk. Fights like Cotto (a true WW) Khan (True JWW) and Chavez (bum). He fought GGG when he wasn’t over the hill (I think canelo lost here) so the guy is not averse to taking tough outings.

Comment

Working...
                      X