Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Ruiz Had No Chance In Joshua Rematch; Buster Douglas Redux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else notice the ring looked bigger than normal? AJ must have paid Ruiz extra for the XL ring so he can easily run from him without risking the ring getting cut off.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertthebruce View Post
      Did anyone else notice the ring looked bigger than normal? AJ must have paid Ruiz extra for the XL ring so he can easily run from him without risking the ring getting cut off.
      ... it was discussed here: the ring was 22 feet, as against 18 feet the first time around...

Comment

Ruiz could have come in fitter than he has ever been and he would still lose to that version of Joshua however he should still get all the criticism aimed at him for being so unprofessional.

This is the guy talking so much about humble beginnings and not getting the opportunities, then he turns up like he's been eating non-stop for 6 months and just rolled out of bed.

Comment

Forget the weight. Arum is using that as a jab stick because Ruiz wanted no part of TR. Once the ring size was announced is when Arum knew the fight was over and Ruiz had no chance. I don't care if he weighed 15 lbs lighter he still has no chance in that size ring. Especially against an opponent who doesn't want to fight and is down right scared of him. I'd rather lose with my selfesteem intact than win a fight like that. Disgraceful! Punkass is what it really is!! But hey, thats the pretend side of boxing. There are real warriors out there and they are much appreciated for it.

Comment

Ruiz's team *****ed up...not Ruiz.

Ruiz was:
            1) heavier than in 1st fight
            2) did not cut the ring off
            3) did not go to the body of Joshua

AJ will want to box smart in every fight now.
            If you thought Wlad Klit was boring, this will be MUCH worse.

Ruiz needs to fix the 3 above things to be a real force.
            He has the tools and the potential.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... it was discussed here: the ring was 22 feet, as against 18 feet the first time around...
              No wonder AJ was able to easily run all night without getting caught. He had a MASSIVE ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill lynott View Post
                Forget the weight. Arum is using that as a jab stick because Ruiz wanted no part of TR. Once the ring size was announced is when Arum knew the fight was over and Ruiz had no chance. I don't care if he weighed 15 lbs lighter he still has no chance in that size ring. Especially against an opponent who doesn't want to fight and is down right scared of him. I'd rather lose with my selfesteem intact than win a fight like that. Disgraceful! Punkass is what it really is!! But hey, thats the pretend side of boxing. There are real warriors out there and they are much appreciated for it.
                ... please hold your horses, man!... (Phil Lynott used to act cool...)

Comment

Originally posted by Robertthebruce View Post
                  No wonder AJ was able to easily run all night without getting caught. He had a MASSIVE ring.
                  That's what those cash cows always do...

Comment

The ref should have instructed AJ to stand still.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      The same Arum on Dec 7, 2019:

"Bob Arum Expects Andy Ruiz To Beat Anthony Joshua Again"

"I think Andy Ruiz wins again. I think Joshua is overrated and I think that Andy is under appreciated. He fought most of his fights for us and I know how good he is. He has a low center of gravity which is good against a big heavyweight and people don't realize what great hand speed he has," Arum told BoxingScene.com

https://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum...-again--144918
                      You beat me to it, but I'm glad you posted this. Arum is full of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X