Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather Promotions, is it really so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Promotions, is it really so great?

FMJ sucks at promoting fighters, (ARGUABLY) the best boxer of this pass generation but he cant help but to promote himself in the process of promoting another fighter signed to him or bring up his pass fights. I think tank should take the spence route and promote himself after his contract is up.. I've never heard Oscar talk about Canelo fighting anyone without Canelo knowing of it. The fact that he went on showtime and said Lomachenko was next for tank & he's been talking to Tank Rank behind Tanks back while preparing for another fight is unprofessional.

crappy promotional company will go the way of sms promotions lol. gayweather jr doesn't know how to promote other fighters. how long can they afford to pay the corrupt abc belt orgs for title shots?

Comment

whatever happened to ishe smith jeon love or bey??? they fell off the face of the earth LMAO!

Comment

also not good for a promoter to throw his own fighter under the bus just because you have a frail ego.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
          crappy promotional company will go the way of sms promotions lol. gayweather jr doesn't know how to promote other fighters. how long can they afford to pay the corrupt abc belt orgs for title shots?
          This is where FMJ fighting in the MMA for a billion dollars comes into play... promotion company plus jets and foreign cars.. & 20 people to take care of

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
            whatever happened to ishe smith jeon love or bey??? they fell off the face of the earth LMAO!
            Jeon Love I think had potential... those fighters seem to me just me thinking are happy with the 400, 000 pay fighting bums they should be main stream by now, only one to break out that group is Badou Jack

Comment

I think I heard Love is one of his driver now

Comment

Originally posted by boxing90 View Post
                FMJ sucks at promoting fighters, (ARGUABLY) the best boxer of this pass generation but he cant help but to promote himself in the process of promoting another fighter signed to him or bring up his pass fights. I think tank should take the spence route and promote himself after his contract is up.. I've never heard Oscar talk about Canelo fighting anyone without Canelo knowing of it. The fact that he went on showtime and said Lomachenko was next for tank & he's been talking to Tank Rank behind Tanks back while preparing for another fight is unprofessional.
                Floyd got Ishe Smith, Mickey Bey, and Badou Jack to world titles, helped clear the way for Gervonta Davis to get a world title, has gotten Ronald Gavril two shots at a world title, is close to getting J'Leon Love a shot at a world title, and he has a good crop of young prospects that he's trying to bring along under that ('Memphis' Miller being the next closest for a shot, I'm).

Floyd seems to have settled into running his company kind of how he had his own career run; back his guys 100%, put them in solid/stiff so that he can find out what he's working with, and push for the opportunity for his fighter when they come open.

Gervonta Davis may not be the finished article just yet, but Floyd things he has the goods, and he's basically been at that point since he sent Davis to the UK to fight Walsh.

'Tank' isn't going to get rushed into anything (with Davis fighting this weekend, and Lomachenko fighting in mid-May, the fight likely doesn't get scheduled until late September/early October), and Floyd isn't going to send Davis anywhere for short money or anything with strings attached, so not sure what the beef is.

Davis fights Cuellar, and if he looks razor sharp in there, Floyd will likely have a Lomachenko offer for him to look at before the end of June (assuming Linares doesn't beat him). From there, Davis will have a choice to make; take a career-high purse to fight Lomachenko (depending on they look in their respective fights, the betting line will set) or take ok money to keep plugging along under attentioned.

Floyd won't freeze out his own fighter

Comment

T.b.p.e...

Comment

promoting isn't the easiest thing to do , hes done a pretty good job

Comment

Working...
                    X