Black Panther is now the third highest grossing Domestic movie of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wakanda forever!

Comment

Black Panther STILL driving yall crazy????

Comment

Still haven't seen it yet, probably gonna fall asleep like every other superhero movie I watch.

Comment

God forbid that there was a black superhero movie which made many black people happy because they saw a strong, positive portrayal of themselves on screen.

And that it was hugely successful.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            God forbid that there was a black superhero movie which made many black people happy because they saw a strong, positive portrayal of themselves on screen.

Some people are so easy to fool.

I thought that trick only worked on women

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Some people are so easy to fool.

I thought that trick only worked on women
              Why does it bother you so much that blacks felt good about something? And that people of all nationalities and ethnicities went to see it too?

Comment

Why does it bother you so much that blacks felt good about something? And that people of all nationalities and ethnicities went to see it too?
                Doesn't bother me at all.

But I see Film execs exploiting this for years. Normally it was just the teen girl market, very easy to market to.

It seems there is an untapped market as well.

I personally don't respond to simple marketing tactics like this.

Maybe it is something for the simple minded folk.

Comment

you do realise it was a work of fiction to create money, right? whats there to celebrate lol

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    Still haven't seen it yet, probably gonna fall asleep like every other superhero movie I watch.
                    yeah you havent missed much lol, was pretty **** even by superhero film standards

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Doesn't bother me at all.

But I see Film execs exploiting this for years. Normally it was just the teen girl market, very easy to market to.

It seems there is an untapped market as well.

I personally don't respond to simple marketing tactics like this.

Maybe it is something for the simple minded folk.
                      Black people were happy to see themselves represented by a black superhero. And the Marvel Universe fanboys were happy to see another character in the pantheon get a movie.

It's a positive thing all the way around. Yet you seem to be quite triggered by it and feel the need to take little condescending digs.

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      you do realise it was a work of fiction to create money, right? whats there to celebrate lol
                      See my response above.

The movie brought enjoyment and positivity to people, maybe even some inspiration. And it was wildly successful financially.

Why is it not ok to celebrate that? Are you that small of a person that you have to find something negative in it just because black folk are involved?

Comment

Working...
                      X