Why would republicans and trump want to repeal internet privacy rule

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
    facebook is alot worse you see no one complaining about them smh
    not the same comparison.. facebook is free and you can deactivate anytime.. internet is a necessity nowadays like electricity so can't just cut off your internet because you need it for your everyday life.. you can switch ISP but some has monopoly at your location or if all ISP are selling your information then no point in switching..

and btw you are wrong some people deactivate their fb because they dont like their privacy invaded..

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Google Chrome is the most popular browser. They just evened the playing field. If you're that concerned about it get a VPN.
      Lol they did not even the playing field they nuked the playing field , there is no playing field anymore it's the wild west anything goes

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Lol they did not even the playing field they nuked the playing field , there is no playing field anymore it's the wild west anything goes
        How do you figure that?

So the guy down the street is selling tires...now the guy across the street is selling the same tires. How does that change things for you? Your ISP will now sell the same info that has been previously sold by Google/Facebook & Microsoft. It's how things were before Obama gave/sold exclusivity for those rights...if you thing those days were the wild wild west. But I suppose you could build a nuke shelter if you are worried...or just spend a few bucks more for a VPN.

Face up to the fact that there has never been or ever will be internet privacy unless you use a VPN...why do you think Windows 10 was a free upgrade?

Comment

How do you figure that?

So the guy down the street is selling tires...now the guy across the street is selling the same tires. How does that change things for you? Your ISP will now sell the same info that has been previously sold by Google/Facebook & Microsoft. It's how things were before Obama gave/sold exclusivity for those rights...if you thing those days were the wild wild west. But I suppose you could build a nuke shelter if you are worried...or just spend a few bucks more for a VPN.

Face up to the fact that there has never been or ever will be internet privacy unless you use a VPN...why do you think Windows 10 was a free upgrade?
          I could choose to not go on Facebook I could choose to not make a Google account there is nothing Google or Apple can sell or collect if you don't click agree to their terms and conditions , now they are not required to ask or even inform you .
          Had they really wanted to even the playing field then more regulations should been implemented not deregulate it, simple logic really

Comment

I could choose to not go on Facebook I could choose to not make a Google account there is nothing Google or Apple can sell or collect if you don't click agree to their terms and conditions , now they are not required to ask or even inform you .
            Had they really wanted to even the playing field then more regulations should been implemented not deregulate it, simple logic really
            You could choose not to use the internet or Windows/ Mac...but you did and already agreed to let them use your info since you posted here...what difference does it make at this point? If you CHOOSE to use the internet...it's all out there. Now it's just one more player he used to be in the game and got shut out...and now he's back. If you choose not to use a VPN...you made yourself fair game and you either don't care or your just naive or ignorant.

Comment

You could choose not to use the internet or Windows/ Mac...but you did and already agreed to let them use your info since you posted here...what difference does it make at this point? If you CHOOSE to use the internet...it's all out there. Now it's just one more player he used to be in the game and got shut out...and now he's back. If you choose not to use a VPN...you made yourself fair game and you either don't care or your just naive or ignorant.
              I don't think you understand how it works if you had a windows or macOS Apple and Microsoft can't automatically collect or sell your information, if you signed up to Microsoft cloud or iCloud for example then they were REQUIRED to inform you by law in that long ass user agreement before they do.

Now they don't have to, no one does so it's basically free for all
              Last edited by Phenom; 03-31-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I don't think you understand how it works if you had a windows or macOS Apple and Microsoft can't automatically collect or sell your information, if you signed up to Microsoft cloud or iCloud for example then they were REQUIRED to inform you by law in that long ass user agreement before they do.

Now they don't have to, no one does so it's basically free for all
                Oh I see...your sure huh? Automatically collecting data is exactly what they do and this reversal puts thing back exactly as they were in 2015...you need to read up a bit.

First off...

By default...everything is set to automatically give consent to collect and use what they want. You can take steps to minimize the intrusiveness by turning off features and opting out of other things...but be assured that they still have the ability to use your info. You already have given them consent and you didn't even know it. Basically using anything...even just the OS is agreeing and giving consent to their terms.

Your Privacy
                Effective: September 15, 2016

Microsoft Services Agreement

Your Privacy

Your privacy is important to us. Please read the Microsoft Privacy Statement (the "Privacy Statement") as it describes the types of data we collect from you and your devices ("Data") and how we use your Data. The Privacy Statement also describes how Microsoft uses your content, which is your communications with others; postings or feedback submitted by you to Microsoft via the Services; and the files, photos, documents, audio, digital works, and videos that you upload, store or share through the Services ("Your Content"). By using the Services or agreeing to these Terms, you consent to Microsoft’s collection, use and disclosure of Your Content and Data as described in the Privacy Statement.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                  facebook is alot worse you see no one complaining about them smh
                  Because people purposefully sign up and like things on there.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                    I can't imagine why people perceive this to be beneficial to us in any way.
                    Exactly.... Pretty sure if any of us ran for office and out browsing history were to be released, we'd all move to Siberia. At-least I would. Disappear from this planet

Comment

Working...
                    X